Like Pirostich

With everyone getting new bodies, I think that separate section for you to proudly display your first image from your new acquisition is in order.

This applies to brand new bodies, as well as bodies that are simply newly acquired by you.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 800 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and no more than four images per post.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Like Pirostich

Postby sirhc55 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:21 pm

Not my first image but an image from my new Pen EP-1. A shot from the EP-2 (again new) in a few days.

Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Re: Like Pirostich

Postby PiroStitch on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:35 am

Thanks Chris, very honoured to have been mentioned :)

Whoa - that's some decent quality from that camera. Which lens did you use for it (too lazy to check the EXIF, sorry).
Hassy, Leica, Nikon, iPhone
Come follow the rabbit hole...
PiroStitch

Postby gstark on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:28 am

Chris,

I love the image. Isn't the Pen a great camera? Do you think it captures the magic of the original Pen? I do think that it does come somewhat close.

What post did you apply to this? Did you apply some selective desat around the edges, or is this how the scene actually was? It almost looks like it was done in post, except that there's some blue-green that looks like copper oxidation, bit I suspect that that's actually on a wooden surface. I'm confused.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby sirhc55 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:02 pm

Thanks guys.

Gary, I now have both the Pen EP-1 and EP-2 and I just love them. Yes, they do remind me very much of the original Pen camera. Sold the D300 and now I’m just using the Pen with 17mm and 14-42mm. I bought an adaptor to use Nikon lenses and as such I still use my 50mm f/1.4 Ais and the Sigma 105 macro. I purchased 2 L brackets from RRS and I have to say that the delivery was superb, in both cases they arrived in less than a week.

I shoot Adobe RGB and then take the shot into CS5 where I apply levels and sometimes smart sharpen. With this photo it was only levels control. Shot with the 17mm.
Chris
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby fozzie on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:17 pm

Chris,

Very nice work.

I look forward to your shots with the EP-2, as I am considering it for street photographic with the aid of an Nikon adaptor for Nikkor lenses.
fozzie

When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.
fozzie
Key Member

Postby gstark on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Chris,

I think the 17 is magic.

One other option for you, glass-wise, is to grab the Zuiko adaptor, and then grab some legacy OM glass, either Zuiko, or perhaps some Zeiss. That should very inexpensive, but would give you some very compact but wonderfully sharp and fast lenses.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby sirhc55 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:57 pm

My list isgrowing Gary :wink:
Chris
sirhc55
Key Member

Return to First Image