Stroke

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Stroke

Postby gstark on Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:25 am

Hi All.

It's been a few weeks since I have been on the board and that's because I have been unwell, having suffered a stroke a few weeks ago.

I am very slowly on the mend, but I have no use of my right leg at the moment which can and does make things somewhat challenging.

We're slowly getting started into some physio, but some of the challenges may require surgical options as well; we don't yet know. just waiting on more information and answers.

cheers
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Re: Stroke

Postby ozimax on Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:52 pm

Gary old son I've just read your post. That's not good. What's the long term prognosis? Anything we can do to help?

Fraser & Robyn
President, A.A.A.A.A (Australian Association Against Acronym Abuse)
Canon EOS R6, RF 24-105 F4, RF 70-200 F4, RF 35mm F1.8, RF 16mm F2.8
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)
ozimax

Postby gstark on Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:55 am

Thanks.

We're not yet at that stage. While I'm mostly good, there's a few spanners in the works that are complicating matters. A mystery liver abscess, for instance.

I'm working hard without the physiotherapists to try to get the legs working for instance.

Much of it is a suck and see exercise though
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby TonyT on Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:21 am

Hi Gary
All the best with the recovery.

Tony
TonyT

Postby gstark on Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:30 pm

Cheers mate.

It's a very long road
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Matt. K on Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:29 pm

Sorry to hear about your illness Gary. Speedy recovery and listen to your physiotherapists.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby zafra52 on Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:17 am

Likewise, I am sorry to learn you are unwell. I hope you get better.
zafra52

Postby gstark on Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:28 pm

Hi everyone.

My recovery is progressing... slowly.

I'm anticipating returning home in the second half of February, but I am not going to be able to walk by this time.

That's going to be problematic for me, but it is what it is.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby zafra52 on Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:07 pm

Sorry to learn about your health situation, Gary. As Fraser famously said "Life wasn't meant to be easy", and as we grow older and more fragile the challenges ahead are invariably harder. I hope you are surrounded by family and friends able to support you. Just stay positive and never lose hope.
All the best.
zafra52

Postby gstark on Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:06 pm

Many thanks.

Things are continuing to pprogress, but the doctor here perhaps pushing things along just a bit more quickly than the occupational and physio therapists would like.

There's supposed to be a home visit tomorrow, for instance, which requires me to enter and exit a car. Several times. There's a challenge. :D

We shall see.

I am seeing changes in my therapy and my responses to it, so that's a positive.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Information