When is a member not a member?

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

When is a member not a member?

Postby trublubiker on Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:51 am

Hi

I was about to reply to a post requesting info on building a new computer and found that I appeared to be
'persona non grata' in that topic. It was in the 'Members Only' section of the board index.

Would I be correct in assuming that as a 'Newbie' I have not yet reached the level of posts (38 to date) required to enter the 'Members Only' section.

Cheers

trublubiker
trublubiker

Re: When is a member not a member?

Postby ATJ on Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:56 am

If you read the FAQ you would know the answer.
ATJ

Postby trublubiker on Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:19 am

ATJ wrote:If you read the FAQ you would know the answer.

Thank you Andrew. I re-read the FAQ's and eventually found the answer under " How do I get 'Special Access' "

Cheers

trublubiker :oops:
trublubiker

Postby gstark on Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:04 pm

trublubiker wrote:
ATJ wrote:If you read the FAQ you would know the answer.

Thank you Andrew. I re-read the FAQ's and eventually found the answer under " How do I get 'Special Access' "

Cheers

trublubiker :oops:

I would have thought that the section headed "I cannot make a post into the" may have been somewhat relevant. :) "Special Access" is only referred to about five or six times, btw, including in the denial message that you were referring to, which is precisely why that terminology is used in the FAQ.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Information