Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Postby Collingwood on Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:45 am

Warning: copy(./images/avatars/127900012943cd1ee972aea.jpg): failed to open stream: Disk quota exceeded in /home/.endora/dslrusers/dslrusers.net/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 286

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.endora/dslrusers/dslrusers.net/includes/usercp_avatar.php:286) in /home/.endora/dslrusers/dslrusers.net/includes/page_header.php on line 488

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.endora/dslrusers/dslrusers.net/includes/usercp_avatar.php:286) in /home/.endora/dslrusers/dslrusers.net/includes/page_header.php on line 490

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.endora/dslrusers/dslrusers.net/includes/usercp_avatar.php:286) in /home/.endora/dslrusers/dslrusers.net/includes/page_header.php on line 491
Mark
Collingwood

Postby huynhie on Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:46 am

Maybe one of the mods doesn't like Collingwood or Eddie Mcguire or both :wink:
huynhie

Postby gstark on Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:38 am

It's a misconfiguration on my part. Will be fixed shortly.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Collingwood on Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:33 pm

huynhie wrote:Maybe one of the mods doesn't like Collingwood or Eddie Mcguire or both :wink:

Huh? C'mon now, who doesn't like Eddie??? :wink:
Mark
Collingwood

Postby gstark on Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:35 pm

The problem should now be resolved, btw.
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Collingwood on Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:38 pm

Still not working. re: red X :cry:
Mark
Collingwood

Postby Nnnnsic on Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:06 pm

What server are you accessing... com or .net?
Producer & Editor @ GadgetGuy.com.au
Contributor for fine magazines such as PC Authority and Popular Science.
Nnnnsic
I'm a jazz singer... so I know what I'm doing

Postby stubbsy on Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:18 pm

At the moment only .net is working for me .com gives

Code: Select all
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I figure it's been taken down by you guys.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby birddog114 on Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:22 pm

As said with Gary this morning .Com is not working or it will switch to .net automatically. :twisted: :twisted:

And he recommened me over FireFox.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby kinetic on Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:09 pm

I am using I.E. at work - I can see everyone's avatar except Collingwood's which still has the red X happening. Maybe it's the pro Brisbane Lions filter on my computer!!! :lol:
kinetic

Postby Willigan on Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:28 pm

Using Firefox 1.0.7 at work & can see all but Collingwood's & can't upload a pic for mine either
Craig - Canon 350D, EF-S 18-55, EF 70-300
Willigan

Postby Collingwood on Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:30 pm

Sorry, better explain it further.
It won't allow you to change your avatar, if it's already uploaded it works fine.
I was helping a new user last night to get their avatar up and they said they were getting the same message I posted in my first post.
I then tried to change mine to see if the problem was here and got the same message.
This is why my avatar won't display now and everyone elses does. If you go to change it, you will probably get the same message and lose your av.
I accessed via .net if it helps using IE6.
Last edited by Collingwood on Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark
Collingwood

Postby Collingwood on Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:33 pm

kinetic wrote:I am using I.E. at work - I can see everyone's avatar except Collingwood's which still has the red X happening. Maybe it's the pro Brisbane Lions filter on my computer!!! :lol:

It could have been organized by the club. They have all that extra money to pull stuff like this and sabotage other clubs and their users!

I bet Ackermanis (Sp?) is reading this and laughing his head off! :wink:
Mark
Collingwood

Postby Collingwood on Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:35 pm

Oh, it also won't let you link to your av from another site. I tried to do this until the uploading problem was fixed so I would have an avatar till then.
Mark
Collingwood

Postby birddog114 on Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:37 pm

Collingwood wrote:Oh, it also won't let you link to your av from another site. I tried to do this until the uploading problem was fixed so I would have an avatar till then.

Mark,
Relax and having a cold beer in your hand till it comes back!
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby Collingwood on Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:40 pm

haha, hey, easy for you to say, you have your clothes on, I feel naked!
Mark
Collingwood

Postby birddog114 on Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:42 pm

Collingwood wrote:haha, hey, easy for you to say, you have your clothes on, I feel naked!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby PiroStitch on Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:44 pm

Why is wendell a smiley? :P
Hassy, Leica, Nikon, iPhone
Come follow the rabbit hole...
PiroStitch

Postby gstark on Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:40 pm

1: Linking avatars from a remote site has never been permitted here. I see no reason to change this policy.

2: The avatar's size must comply with our requirements .... 6144 bytes max, 100 x 100

3: There was a configuration error this morning that prevented uploading of avatars; this should now be corrected. If you're still seeing errors and your avatar complies with our requirements, please send me a PM including details of the errors that you're seeing.

4: Because we're using two discreet code bases (each as a different url) within which the avatar directories are contained, there is a delay between when your avatars uploaded onto the one site and when they're able to be copied to and then seen from the second.

DO NOT upload them to both sites; please permit the scheduled copying process to handle the updating within its own timeframe. These are not earth-shattering requirements, and the update will occur.

Regarding URLS ...

dslrusrs.net and dslrusers.com are both working fine. However, some of the heavy duty hitters have been asked to use dslrusers.com only, because of excessive server loads on the .net site.

If you've not been contacted about this, you should be using dslrusers.net.

If I've asked you to use the .com site, then I'll most likely be keeping your IP banned from the .net site to help control the situation.

If you're seeing a message that says your access is denied on the .net site, such as the message that Stubbsy is seeing, then I've actively denied access to that IP address on the .net URL.

If you're seeing the same message on the .com URL, ditto, but you've not yet queried the situation with me. Please do so in order that the situation can be rectified.

Please note though that this circumstance is a deliberate action taken on my part, because your access to the site has been seen to be excessive. Anyone who hits the site more frequently than Birddog is deemed to be an excessive user, btw: that's my cutoff point.

As a guide, Leigh and I share a connection and the total number of hits from ur IP address - for two site admins - is under 1000. realisitically, nobody should be hitting the site at a rate greater than we are, but Birddog hits the site at about 1500/day.

Anybody hitting the site more frequently than that really needs to consider getting a life!

If you're using IE, switch to Firefox; it seems to be far more conservative in terms of its bandwidth usage: every one of the problem users thus far has been found to be using IE!
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby gstark on Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:41 pm

Collingwood wrote:Still not working. re: red X :cry:

You will need to upload the avatar, as your original attempt failed.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Collingwood on Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:25 pm

It is the same avatar I uploaded successfully upon registering and the file size has been decreased to make sure nothing was going wrong there. It fits all guidelines and the original was a tad under 6kb and worked fine.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./images/avatars/39223819943ce087160c0a.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/.endora/dslrusers/dslrusers.net/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 286

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpwgcuMR' to './images/avatars/39223819943ce087160c0a.jpg' in /home/.endora/dslrusers/dslrusers.net/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 286

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.endora/dslrusers/dslrusers.net/includes/usercp_avatar.php:286) in /home/.endora/dslrusers/dslrusers.net/includes/page_header.php on line 488

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.endora/dslrusers/dslrusers.net/includes/usercp_avatar.php:286) in /home/.endora/dslrusers/dslrusers.net/includes/page_header.php on line 490

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.endora/dslrusers/dslrusers.net/includes/usercp_avatar.php:286) in /home/.endora/dslrusers/dslrusers.net/includes/page_header.php on line 491
Mark
Collingwood

Postby gstark on Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:35 pm

Mark,

Is this still happening?

Thanx.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Collingwood on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:44 pm

Gary,

All fixed mate. I left it up to show others but will change it to a higher res one when I have time, gotta run right now.
I noticed a few other red X's running around the forum so they should be able to fix theirs up once they see mine is working even if they've missed this thread.

Thanks.
Mark
Collingwood

Postby gstark on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:48 pm

Mark,

Thanx.

I just ran the synch routine as well to bring both server sets up to date.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Information