D200 manual available

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

D200 manual available

Postby johndec on Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:53 pm

A little light reading for Xmas :lol:

ftp://raOnAvV_:jvDwiCSW@ftp.nikon-euro. ... XjyGTcnC_/

Available in German, English and French.
If I'm alone in a forest and my wife is not around to hear what I say, am I still wrong ??
johndec

Postby marcotrov on Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:19 pm

Saw this at another site with some nice shot from our machine :) unfortunately I can't seem to download the D200 MAnual :(
http://www.noendpress.com/pvachier/cameras/nikon_D200.php
cheers
marco
marcotrov

Postby johndec on Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:37 pm

marcotrov wrote:Saw this at another site with some nice shot from our machine :) unfortunately I can't seem to download the D200 MAnual :(
http://www.noendpress.com/pvachier/cameras/nikon_D200.php
cheers
marco

Hmm, that's strange, it's working fine for me. If you can't get it by tomorrow, let me know and I'll upload the pdf file to my website and PM you a link.
If I'm alone in a forest and my wife is not around to hear what I say, am I still wrong ??
johndec

Postby marcotrov on Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:43 pm

I try John but I just get a big 'BONG' and nothing happens. Maybe its XP trying to play nanny? Although the sound is different to the usual blocking it does :? Yeah that would be great John I'd like to catch up with the manual before our cameras arrive. :) I have had, painfully though, look at the digitutor and in priciple its a great way to learn the basics, if it worked uninterrupted. :evil:
cheers
marco
marcotrov

Postby johndec on Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:22 pm

Marco,

PM sent :lol:
johndec

Postby Onyx on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:06 am

I was reading this manual at work yesterday - got upto page 102 of 220-something. ;) Which shows how much of a nerd I am I suppose... it's shifted my perspective of obtaining it - it's no longer a matter of 'if' but a 'when' I should purchase it. I was previously reluctant, due to not wanting to throw more money away - compared to quality lenses, digital bodies makes a very poor 'investment' in this context... But featurewise - it's likely to be the last body I'll ever need. If longevity/reliability issues don't hit me in the medium/long term as my D70 did, IMHO it'll be the one to see me through until the next decade.

Very customisable - 4 banks for saving preference settings (preset WB, image parmeters, etc), dedicated buttons for everything likely to be used for shooting, FV lock indicator, ISO in viewfinder, and the urgent "you are about to make an idiot's mistake" indicator overlay in viewfinder are just some of the useful features I've gleamed from the first part of the manual.
Onyx

Postby marcotrov on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:09 am

Get it Onyx we did :wink:
Thanks John got the manual finally. Have no idea what happened. :)
cheers
marco
marcotrov

Return to Information