Watch out!

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Watch out!

Postby birddog114 on Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:07 am

I have received an alert from both local and overseas suppliers.

Our Australian is not so strong as before in the last few months, the declined value of the Australian dollars will be affecting all your purchases from overseas same as local.

So stay tuned and plan ahead your lusts!
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby Oneputt on Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:15 am

Phew!!!!!!!!!Just in time then. :D
"The good thing about meditation is that it makes doing nothing respectable"

D3 - http://www.oneputtphotographics.com
Oneputt

Postby petal666 on Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:24 am

The AU$ has been cycling up and down about 3.5c for the last 6 months, nothing has really changed and there hasn't been a long term decline in it's value. Do you know something we don't?

http://www.x-rates.com/d/USD/AUD/graph120.html
Canon 1D III
petal666

Postby Greg B on Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:30 am

I suspect that some believe the US$ might strengthen - I know nothing about these things, and I can't see why it would, but there have been comments to that effect.
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby birddog114 on Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:36 am

petal666 wrote:The AU$ has been cycling up and down about 3.5c for the last 6 months, nothing has really changed and there hasn't been a long term decline in it's value. Do you know something we don't?

http://www.x-rates.com/d/USD/AUD/graph120.html

petal666,

It's OK with it but so far I got the alert from few suppliers and I passed these on.
few factors needed to be considered:
- Fuel crisis, bring transportation fees up.
- AU$ is at $0.74 this morning and it's looking not very healthy leading to the festive seasons.
- Manufacturers and Disti. are pushing hard to their products at the spending of consumers.

We will pay all of those.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Return to Information