First mental image reproduction attempt

With everyone getting new bodies, I think that separate section for you to proudly display your first image from your new acquisition is in order.

This applies to brand new bodies, as well as bodies that are simply newly acquired by you.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 800 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and no more than four images per post.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

First mental image reproduction attempt

Postby pwoo on Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:59 am

When I got my D300s, I had a mental image (self portrait) which I think would be fun to realize. I have 3 things in mind:

1. A silhouette of me taking the photo.
2. A spotlight on the "D300s" logo.
3. A dim outline of the camera without showing too much of myself.

I can only achieve the first two with the set up that I got. I don't want to (and don't have the time) to do extensive post processing, so I was trying to create the image using a SB-600 and a LED torch (+ a roll up paper). I tried various aperture and flash power, but found it hard to balance all 3 requirement. I used ViewNX to adjusted the contrast and exposure a bit, sharpen then convert to jpeg. Resize for web.

So here it is.

I did not plan to do B&W, but I played around with one file and I quite like it.

Regards,
Patrick.
Last edited by pwoo on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
pwoo

Re: First mental image reproduction attempt

Postby surenj on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:06 am

Great concept to image!

While you could have done more to show the outline of the camera more, this would require more lights.

Great work!!
surenj

Re: First mental image reproduction attempt

Postby pwoo on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:16 am

Hi surenj,

Did you see the images on the post or did you click the picasaweb URL? I am having difficulty embedding the images directly, it did not show up in preview. So I changed the post to link to URL.

Regards,
Patrick.

EDIT: I later found out what I did wrong in dpreview, so I updated the original post to embed the images. :oops:
pwoo

Return to First Image