Random shots after the rain...

With everyone getting new bodies, I think that separate section for you to proudly display your first image from your new acquisition is in order.

This applies to brand new bodies, as well as bodies that are simply newly acquired by you.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 800 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and no more than four images per post.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Random shots after the rain...

Postby XPLOSV on Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:41 pm

Hi All, I'm new on this forum.

Got into photographs for a short while and just thought I share some pics I took after raining day.

Sorry if the pictures a bit too big.

All straight off RAW, no edit.

Any comment is welcome.

Last edited by XPLOSV on Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greatness is difficult to appreciate from close up. The great mountain on the horizon is only the ground when you are standing on it.
XPLOSV

Re: Random shots after the rain...

Postby Mr Darcy on Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:13 pm

I think you could lose #4 from the set. It is badly OOF. YOu have the leaves, not the flower & to my mind it just does not work. This would bring you down to the 4 photo limit in the rules.
Also, as you seem to have guessed, these are over the size limits. (800Px on longest side AND <= 200Kb file size) This is imposed to cater for the unfortunates who have a small monitor and/or slow connection.
You also need to put a meaningful location in your profile. This is mainly for your benefit. you would be surprised what you might get loaned by someone near you.

Having got that over with.
I quite like the other 4. Excellent use of DOF to separate subject from ground.
Greg
It's easy to be good... when there is nothing else to do
Mr Darcy

Postby zafra52 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:51 pm

I agree with Mr Darcy. Number 4 does not make justice to the rest. However, I like number 1 best or perhaps the last one? No, Number 1.
zafra52

Postby XPLOSV on Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:47 am

thanks for the feedback guy.

Sorry I broke the rule.

Will edit/post accordingly.
Greatness is difficult to appreciate from close up. The great mountain on the horizon is only the ground when you are standing on it.
XPLOSV

Return to First Image