Lightroom Catalog gets corrupted when I swap SSD. Help!!!

Tutorials, questions, demos, questionable images ,,,

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Lightroom Catalog gets corrupted when I swap SSD. Help!!!

Postby haring on Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:17 pm

I have 2 identical computers with the same Lightroom running on them.

I usually work on my home computer editing wedding photos in the morning. When I need to go to the office I take my editing SSD drive with me and istall it into my other PC. This is not an external SSD but a regular secondary drive I insert into the computer and close the housing.

Every time I swap the SSD drive the Lightroom catalog gets corrupted. The backup copy works so I use that all the time but the main catalog is corrupted.

My question: Why does it create a problem that I remove the SSD and insert it into another computer? Both computers has the same processor, motherboard, etc. I make sure I completely shut down the computer before I remove the drive.

Any ideas????
haring

Re: Lightroom Catalog gets corrupted when I swap SSD. Help!!

Postby gstark on Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:20 am

Not a clue.

Sorry.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Re: Lightroom Catalog gets corrupted when I swap SSD. Help!!

Postby zafra52 on Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:19 pm

I encountered a similar problems many, many years ago with a different application ( I don't use Lightroom). I had the data in an external hard drive that I moved between computers and for some reason the programs did not like this interchange. I guess each computer had its own mapping and links which were not quite the same and my continuous swapping was corrupting the data. My suggestion would be to have your main catalogue repaired and work with copies and save the copies safely. Computers are not that clever, they never were. Your best help may come from a forum of Lightroom users. Some might have encountered your problems before.
zafra52

Return to Post Processing