Pentax MILC

Unless they get too big for themselves, this is where you can talk about the "other" brands of DSLR's: Konica Minolta / Sony, Pentax / Samsung, Olympus, Horseman, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Pentax MILC

Postby gstark on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:36 pm

But this doesn't quite seem to be a PMA announcement.

PHD sized sensor doesn't leave me a lot of hope for image quality; this sort of seems to me to be Pentax revisiting the land they visited when they brought out the 110 format SLR camera.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Re: Pentax MILC

Postby aim54x on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:50 pm

This is a really interesting announcement...I know that it isnt going to touch an EVIL or a DSLR for quality but I sense that it has the potential to take on the Panasonic LX5/Canon S95/Canon G12.
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby surenj on Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:43 am

They should call it the Pentax F.... F for Flop. :mrgreen: Love those teeny sensors with a aperture range of 2.5 -8.
surenj

Postby gstark on Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:22 am

That's the real issue here for me - the sensor size. Or lack of it.

Plus, do the people who are wanting to buy a compact camera (see: small) want go around carrying glass with them?
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby gstark on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:29 pm

Just back from PMA.

At the Kennedy stand they have two non-working samples behind glass, and strict instructions to not let anyone play with them.

Looks nice, but there's not a lot else to be said at this stage, given that I can't even tell you how it feels in the hands.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby chrisk on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:37 pm

aim54x wrote:This is a really interesting announcement...I know that it isnt going to touch an EVIL or a DSLR for quality but I sense that it has the potential to take on the Panasonic LX5/Canon S95/Canon G12.

with the new nex range at that same size level and a aps-c sensor ? i doubt pentax is gonna fool anyone with this nonsense. hey, at least it isnt pink so they are progressing.
EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75 l AW1 l V3
chrisk

Postby surenj on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:33 pm

gstark wrote:strict instructions to not let anyone play with them

While they could do that with a D400 or something, I am not sure whether anyone would be losing sleep over these teeny sensor wonders. Perhaps they should be named as such. Pentax TSR F-series. :mrgreen:
surenj

Return to Other