2X2 Meet/Outings

Newer members often state that they think their question is too basic, or stupid, or whatever, to be posted. Nothing could be further further from the truth in any section at DSLRUsers.com, but especially here. Don't feel intimidated. The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked. We were all beginners at one stage, and even the most experienced amongst us will admit to learning new stuff on a daily basis. Ask away! Please also refer to the forum rules and the portal page

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

2X2 Meet/Outings

Postby Outback-Charlie on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:53 pm

Is there any significance to the "2X2" name tag given to the meet/outings referenced on the Portal page and in other places through the forums? Is it okay to bring the "better half" or a friend/fellow photographer?
Outback-Charlie

Re: 2X2 Meet/Outings

Postby surenj on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:59 pm

I believe these meets are held every 2 months on the second weekend.

Yes, you can bring others as long as they will behave themselves.... :mrgreen:
surenj

Postby stubbsy on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:37 pm

Pretty much what surenj said - they are always held on the 2nd saturday every 2nd (even numbered) month. That way you can plan ahead since the dates are known in advance. While we may have outings at other times, these ones are fixed datewise.

As for bringing others along - the more the merrier so feel free to bring partners and friends. We're a friendly bunch and a good time is certain.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby Mr Darcy on Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:10 pm

surenj wrote:Yes, you can bring others as long as they will behave themselves....

No they don't have to behave themselves. They just have to be entertaining when they don't, or at least sign a model release form :P

Be great to see you Charlie.
Stubbsy (AKA The Führer) always manages to find great locations for these outings. He also seems to have a direct line to the Weather Gods :) I've been to several & they have all been great.
Greg
It's easy to be good... when there is nothing else to do
Mr Darcy

Postby aim54x on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:56 pm

These are regular forum shooting meets. I have been to a few and am very disappointed that I now work on Saturdays and therefore have missed the last few meets. I have always enjoyed the locations and spending time with other members. There is always, new faces to place next to names, good chats and often you can even play with some gear that you may be interested in. These are well worth going to.

As for bringing someone along...WHY NOT?
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Return to Absolute Beginners Questions