Tweed/southern Gold Coast Photo meet up/camp

Details of events that may by of interest to members should be posted here. This way those who may be interested in attending can have a thread to cooordinate their activities at those events

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Tweed/southern Gold Coast Photo meet up/camp

Postby Analog6 on Mon May 19, 2008 8:00 am

I first raised this on another forum (shock / horror - there are others?!) and thought I would post it here too.

How would people feel about a meet here on the Southern Gold / Tweed Coast? Maybe in Spring with its nice misty mornings, everything is green, often nice photogenic stormy weather.

Have a think about it, people. I'm willing to coordinate and check out a few accommodation places, or I could put up a couple of cat lovers (you've got to love them to come to our house with 4 who think they own the place!). We have 2 double sofa beds and a single base with a couple of single foam matresses on it on the covered varandah - it's glassed in so not cold).

There are lots of motels, caravan parks and a couple of hostels (YHA at Bilinga nr GC airport and Murwillumbah). Could be a lot of fun and we could run a couple of photo comps.

I'm tentatively thinking of the October long weekend with a 1 or 2 days either side depending on folks' timetables. How's that sound?

And there's bound to be events on to photograph if we are so inclined.

Mon 6th is the Public Holiday, so maybe we could go from 2nd or 3rd to 7th, with people dropping in as they can make it.

I'm looking into accommodation, photo locations etc. at the moment so will be putting up a notice about it all in a week or so.

I'm now working again, thank heavens, but it's 6 hours x 5 days, so I'll only be available for shooting on the Sat-Mon, but I was thinking dinner at one of the clubs Friday night, shooting days over the 3 days and if people want to stay on a bit longer we could have an afternoon /evening or early morning shoot Tues /Wed.

Please have athink aabout it and we'll really start activating about July to organise. If there is anyone esle up this way on the baord by then I might conscript a/some helper(s)
Odille
------
http://odille.zenfolio.com ~ http://www.lightartforum.com
Canon 20D & 300D; 18-55; 35-90; 90-300; Sigma 24-70 & 28-300; H'blad 553elx & f4 Sonnar 150
Analog6

Re: Tweed/southern Gold Coast Photo meet up/camp

Postby Bindii on Thu May 22, 2008 10:26 am

It sounds interesting.. and loads of fun.. I think I'd be keen to come.. although at this stage I have no idea what I will be doing that far ahead so I wouldn't want to commit until it got a little closer.. :)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but it's still on the list... ;)
Bindii

Return to Events