Exhibition Challenge for Charity?

Details of events that may by of interest to members should be posted here. This way those who may be interested in attending can have a thread to cooordinate their activities at those events

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Exhibition Challenge for Charity?

Postby Oz_Beachside on Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:31 pm

Hello All,
Not sure who to ask, so float the idea in here.

I have been asked to participate in an exhibition for charity, where I need to donate a print, in line with the theme, and they exhibit the prints for a few weeks in Melbourne CBD, and sell them for $350 each (fixed price), all proceeds going to the charity.

If it is acceptable for me to do so, may I ask if others may be interersted to particpate? I am more than happy to donate cost for printing (16x24) block mounted. The exhibition is aiming for 100 entrants, and I would love to help

Can I ask how many in here may be interersted to donate a photo (in file format)? The theme is a new challenge, so it will provide participants with a "challenge" also. The prints will be on display in a very nice foyer in the city.

I'll provide more detail when I get it, and provide in here if I may.

Please let me know your intereste, and thank in advance.

regards,
Oz
Oz_Beachside

Postby Justin on Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:39 pm

I'd be keen to donate a picture!
D3 | 18-200VR | 50:1.4 | 28:2.8 | 35-70 2.8 | 12-24 f4
picasaweb.google.com/JustinPhotoGallery
"We don't know and we don't care"
Justin

Postby sheepie on Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:04 pm

I can't see any issue with pushing this in here. What is the charity?
*** When getting there is half the fun! ***
sheepie
Key Member

Location: Picnic Point, Sydney Australia *** Nikon D200/D70 ***

Postby Glen on Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:11 pm

Oz, sounds very interesting, if you have it put up a bit more info like charity, etc as it will help others decide on their involvement
Glen

Postby gstark on Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:13 pm

In principal, I have no problems with this, but may one ask which charity this would be for?
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Oz_Beachside on Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:21 pm

its the Fred Hollows Foundation.

Theme: "All things Ordinary, Look Extraordinary" - the images are to depict everyday objects, life, spaces, and places, in a new light, giving a fresh look to ordinary things. Creating the message of wonder, amazement, and appreciation of being able to see the simple things. Let your imagination get the better of you and illuminate the ordinary that surround us everyday; and most importantly have FUN.

The Exhibition will consist of a diverse and impressive collection of original and editioned works, generously donated by emerging and prfessional photographers. The images showcased will be open to the public and on sale at a fixed price of $350 (AUD). $350 divided by 25 = 14 eyes = 7 people, would have thier sight restored. It will be held at The National Australia Bank (NAB) 800 Bourke Street, Docklands from Thursday 16 Nov to 24 Nov.

Expression of interest forms to follow (due Sep 8 )
I need to have the prints avaialble to submit Oct 2.

Prints are to be full color, 16x20" (not previously posted 16x24"), Window Mounted. I will donate teh print and mount costs, if you can offer some of your prints.

I will add more this tonight.

THanks again.
Last edited by Oz_Beachside on Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oz_Beachside

Postby Glen on Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:31 pm

OZ great charity and great idea. Will speak to Gary now about this, have a few ideas
Glen

Postby blacknstormy on Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:07 pm

I'd love to, but I doubt they'd sell any of my photos :( Not exactly up to scratch.

But what a great idea - and for a brilliant charity !

Ask them if they want to sell some crappy shots for $20?

:)

Rel
Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships! -Ansel Adams

http://www.redbubble.com/people/blacknstormy
blacknstormy

Postby Matt. K on Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:41 pm

For a good cause like that I'b be happy to help out.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby Oz_Beachside on Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:51 pm

thanks for your interest.

I will speak with Gary and GLen on this to discuss how we may work as a group on this one.

I'm racking my brain sifting through ideas for such an assignment...

thanks
Oz
Oz_Beachside

Postby Pa on Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:06 am

check out my smugmug if theres any in it that might sell let me know.
cheers pa
cheers pa

http://pa.smugmug.com

Work it's part of your life.....So make it an enjoyable part of it.
Pa

Postby ozczecho on Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:15 am

I'd be keen (if my pictures are worthy :D ) Also does it have to be a fresh picture of one from the archives?

Mike
ozczecho

Postby gstark on Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:49 am

I have the information from Oz, and there is a specific theme that needs to be observed.

I'll be talking with Oz over the weekend, and we should have something in place to get this underway fairly quickly.

Be warned that a couple of the timeframes we're looking at are fairly tight, but I don't see that as a major impediment. :)
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby gstark on Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:01 pm

I have spoken with Oz_Beachside, and we now have a preliminary idea of what is required for this.

In the first instance, expressions of interest need to be lodged with the organisers of this exhibition, but because we are hoping to be able to do this as a group, we are starting by setting up a means by which we can gather and submit our members' work in a coordinated manner.

I have set up a form for you, if you feel you may be interested, here. This provides some basic information for you, and will help us to see how we can help the organisers of this. We expect to have more information towards the latter half of the week, but in the meantime, please feel free to complet the EOI form and we will get back to you as soon as we know more.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Oz_Beachside on Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:11 pm

Hello Again,

I hope you have enjoyed a beautiful weekend as I have in Melbourne, or Sydney, or wherever you may be. I also hope the weekend has provided you with many photo opportunities, and visual delights.

If you havent seen this forum, we are trying to assist in a wonderful charity, the Fred Hollows foundation, and I would like to thank those who have already offerred thier support, I am very grateful.

I intend to discuss details of the photo exhibition with the foundation early in the week, and offer this message, as a bump, and a friendly reminder to encourage your participation if you wish.

***from previous***
Fred Hollows Foundation.

Theme: "All things Ordinary, Look Extraordinary" - the images are to depict everyday objects, life, spaces, and places, in a new light, giving a fresh look to ordinary things. Creating the message of wonder, amazement, and appreciation of being able to see the simple things. Let your imagination get the better of you and illuminate the ordinary that surround us everyday; and most importantly have FUN.

The Exhibition will consist of a diverse and impressive collection of original and editioned works, generously donated by emerging and prfessional photographers. The images showcased will be open to the public and on sale at a fixed price of $350 (AUD). $350 divided by 25 = 14 eyes = 7 people, would have thier sight restored. It will be held at The National Australia Bank (NAB) 800 Bourke Street, Docklands from Thursday 16 Nov to 24 Nov.
thanks, and kindest regards,
Oz
Oz_Beachside

Postby Oz_Beachside on Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:11 pm

Hi,

Just an update, I have not been able to get in touch with the event manager today, we have missed each others calls.

I will be in touch again tomorrow.

Regards,
Oz
Oz_Beachside

Postby gstark on Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:16 pm

Thanx for the update, Oz.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Oz_Beachside on Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:23 pm

hello again,

I have sent details to Gary, hopefully there has been some solid interest in this exhibition.

I cant wait to capture my entry on my new beast...

hope others are enjoying the challenge of this theme.

have a great day, and if you are in Melbourne, enjoy this beautiful blue sky!

cheers
Oz
Oz_Beachside

Postby gstark on Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:27 pm

I'm currently working on about 5 different things.

Will get to this shortly, I hope
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby obzelite on Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:38 pm

Currently experiencing an artistic drought, but if I get my head to come up with an idea I’ll gladly submit it.
Simon
www.colberne.com.au
I purchased a Teddy Bear this morning for the sum of $10. I named him Mohammed. This afternoon I sold him on E-Bay for $30. My question is, "Have I made a prophet?"
obzelite

Postby Glen on Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:31 pm

Simon, of any photographic challenge I have ever seen, I can't think of one more rewarding than one which has the chance to restore someones sight, like this one does. I would implore all keen photographers to put a submission in for consideration.
Glen

Return to Events