Are newbies welcome?

Details of events that may by of interest to members should be posted here. This way those who may be interested in attending can have a thread to cooordinate their activities at those events

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Are newbies welcome?

Postby natz on Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:57 am

I just wanted to find out if newbies were welcome to attend the photo meets - or do you need to be an official member (ie 50 posts, 1 pic etc)?

I know very little about photography - let alone digital photography - but I'm willing to learn.

Is there a newbie group run by an experienced member (in Sydney)?
:oops:
natz

Postby MHD on Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:00 am

No bugger of...
Kidding, Any member new or old is welcome to attend any event. This is a very inclusive society, There may be some events with a limited number of spaces (although we try to limit that) where it is first come... But All events are open to all..

and they are the best way to learn!

Welcome to the most active photography group in Australia natz!
New page
http://www.potofgrass.com
Portfolio...
http://images.potofgrass.com
Comments and money always welcome
MHD

Postby natz on Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:22 am

Thanks. I now just need to try to find a meet that works.

Looking forward to entering into the world of photographers (hanging on the fringe of course).
natz

Postby gstark on Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:32 am

Check our calendar section on the front page.

If there's something that you think we should be doing - or that you would like us to do - please feel free to offer it up as a a suggestion.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Events