Opera Australia Open Day

Details of events that may by of interest to members should be posted here. This way those who may be interested in attending can have a thread to cooordinate their activities at those events

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Opera Australia Open Day

Postby wendellt on Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:23 pm

hi everyone

Open Day, the Opera Centre, July 23, 2006
In July 2006 the Opera Centre at Surry Hills in Sydney throws open its doors to all. It's all FREE and there will be tours, exhibitions, memorabilia, performances and an ABC CLASSIC FM live broadcast. Everyone is invited to take a tour, enjoy a performance and meet artists past and present.

not sure what their stance is on photography, but there will be lots of photo opps

i'm covering the event for press, so see you there
wendellt
Outstanding Member of the year (Don't try this at home.)

Postby LostDingo on Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:25 pm

at the risk of showing my true intelligence.......what are the photo ops you suspect?
LostDingo

Postby wendellt on Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:27 pm

LostDingo wrote:at the risk of showing my true intelligence.......what are the photo ops you suspect?

shooting theatre, heartwrenching expressions of opera singers on stage, dancers and the costumes and dynamic lighting
10 times better than a fashion show
wendellt
Outstanding Member of the year (Don't try this at home.)

Postby LostDingo on Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:32 pm

wendellt wrote:
LostDingo wrote:at the risk of showing my true intelligence.......what are the photo ops you suspect?

shooting theatre, heartwrenching expressions of opera singers on stage, dancers and the costumes and dynamic lighting
10 times better than a fashion show

Thanks Wendell :!: :!: Sounds interesting...and won't get my feet wet either :cough:
LostDingo

Postby Steffen on Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:10 am

At the risk of sounding even dumber - what and where is the Opera Centre? Is this something a classical music fan should know...? :shock:

Cheers
Steffen.
lust for comfort suffocates the soul
Steffen

Return to Events