Mt Panorama Races, October 2006

Details of events that may by of interest to members should be posted here. This way those who may be interested in attending can have a thread to cooordinate their activities at those events

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Mt Panorama Races, October 2006

Postby Raskill on Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:41 am

Well, the time is fast approaching for the greatest race in Australia, the Supercheap 1000, Mt Panorama, Bathurst.

Tickets are on sale here

The tickets to get are the ones that include a Paddock Pass, which gets you behind pit lane, a bit closer to the action.

As always it will be a great few days, but if you decide to go, pack winter clothes and summer clothes, because I've been there getting sunburned, then snowed on in the afternoon.

There should be a few members going, maybe a good chance for a mini meet?

Also be aware, accomodation is getting terribly thin on the ground already, and is extremely hard to find. So if your coming up you may find camping an option, or, just drive up from Sydney, it's only 2 hours.

See you there!

[/url]
2x D700, 2x D2h, lenses, speedlights, studio, pelican cases, tripods, monopods, patridges, pear trees etc etc

http://www.awbphotos.com.au
Raskill

Postby sheepie on Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:03 am

How big's your backyard? We could put up a tarp! ;)
*** When getting there is half the fun! ***
sheepie
Key Member

Location: Picnic Point, Sydney Australia *** Nikon D200/D70 ***

Postby birddog114 on Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:08 am

sheepie wrote:How big's your backyard? We could put up a tarp! ;)

Traditional of that time of the year, weather is damm wet.
Required waterpoof shield.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby Raskill on Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:16 am

sheepie wrote:How big's your backyard? We could put up a tarp! ;)

My backyard is about the size of a tarp ;) However, I might have moved house by then (something I hadn't thought of before). I do have a nice block of land on the side of town, but I think the neighbours would get upset with a group of drunken DSLR users yelling about the pros and cons of the new D2Xs and then coming to blows! :roll:

Believe it or not there are some very good camping spots on the mount. with a good family area on the base of mount quite close to the track. They are well serviced, with showers and toilets etc. Heaps of security also, to scare the trouble makers back up to the top of the hill. :D
2x D700, 2x D2h, lenses, speedlights, studio, pelican cases, tripods, monopods, patridges, pear trees etc etc

Raskill

Postby barry on Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:18 am

I'll be there.

Last year drove up for the day and was able to get into top camping area where friends stacked out a seat area on the fence at McPhillany. They tell me you wont be able to do that this year.

Last time I was at Bathurst (June long weekend) I got some good shots on the corner coming into the main straight. I assume this corner will be packed out. BTW the V8 are on at Oran Park early August.

Barry
D700, 50 1.8, 14-24 2.8, 24-70 2.8, 70-200VR, 80-400VR, SB800 plus a lot of gadgets
barry

Postby Raskill on Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:57 am

Well, thats at least three members, sounds like a micro-meet :D .

Excellent spot for shots, particularly at the start to the V8 race in at Hell Corner, you get the whole field trying to squeeze around the first bend, which usually doesnt work for someone. There are some great shots taken here.

Look forward to catching up Barry, maybe this time we'll actually see some racing! :lol:

Raskill

Return to Events