MELB: Meet Feb 27 2010 - Werribee Zoo 1230pm

For the sombrero wearing DSLR users

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

MELB: Meet Feb 27 2010 - Werribee Zoo 1230pm

Postby rflower on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:25 pm

Those who came to the last meet (http://dslrusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=38260) discussed the next one ... The consensus was that we try and meet in a month, and decided on the Sat 27th. The where was decided as Werribee Zoo. (Take the Westgate / Princess fwy from Melbourne, past the Hoppers Crossing exits. Take the Duncans Rd exit (will be marked for the zoo / werribee mansion / state rose garden, continue onto K road, and turn right at the main gates into the Werribee Mansion complex).

People could make a whole day of it if they liked (especially with the Werribee Mansion and State Rose Garden all in the same precinct), but I figured an afternoon start time would work ok. The animals seem to get more active later in the arvo (especially around closing time - 4:30ish - when they are put in their night quarters)

I have spoken to the missus, and agreed that since we live closeish to the zoo (10-15 minutes away), we would be happy to put on a barbie for tea after the zoo.

Please indicate your intentions to come (especially for the barbie part)
Russell
Nikon D700 // 50 1.4 // 70-200 2.8 VRII // 24-120 f4// Tamron 90 // SB-800 // 70-300G
I'm on Redbubble too ... http://www.redbubble.com/people/rflower
If you can make one of my photos look better and you have the inclination ... please do so.
rflower

Re: MELB: Meet Feb 27 2010 - Werribee Zoo 1230pm

Postby DaveB on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Did anyone else notice the tumbleweed rolling down the street?

I'm still waiting for my 100-400 to come back from Canon, but I'm up for the zoo this weekend if others are.
DaveB

Postby Wink on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:10 pm

I've been tossing up the idea of attending.
If i do i'll pretty much have to leave straight after closing time to get home for another commitment.
Adam.
MY PHOTOS
Allows Image Editing
Wink

Postby rflower on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:07 pm

I am up for it still. I have spoken to a friend who wants to learn and play more with photography. She is coming too.

Still happy with a 12:30 start?

I will pm my mobile to those who have shown interest ...

I have just realised that the zoo will have Rhythm of Africa happening ...
http://www.wyndham.vic.gov.au/experience/about/whatson/rhythm

Set against the stunning backdrop of Werribee Open Range Zoo, Rhythm of Africa will get your grooving this summer. This premier African music event features an exceptional line-up of contemporary and traditional performers. And the energetic dancers are sure to get you to your feet! Of course, it’s not just about the music.

Arrive early and take a guided safari tour to discover rhino, zebra, antelope and giraffe roaming across the Zoo’s grassy plains. Explore the walking trails and come face-to-face with lions, monkeys cheetahs and hippos.

Then settle in for a night of dancing, drumming workshops, face painting, hair braiding, tribal jewelry making and traditional African village activities. It’s the perfect opportunity to relax with family and friends and experience a taste of Africa.

Werribee Open Range Zoo
K Road (Gate 2), Werribee 3030
Melway Ref: 201 D1

Every Saturday and Sunday evening from January to March

Normal Zoo Admission applies

So there might be some more photo opps as the evening starts

Russell
Russell
Nikon D700 // 50 1.4 // 70-200 2.8 VRII // 24-120 f4// Tamron 90 // SB-800 // 70-300G
I'm on Redbubble too ... http://www.redbubble.com/people/rflower
If you can make one of my photos look better and you have the inclination ... please do so.
rflower

Postby Willy wombat on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:18 am

Sorry guys

Im busy with wedding preparatory activities for the pending nuptules.

Will be able to make it to the meet up in April.

Have fun

Cheers
Steve
Steve (Nikon D200/D700)
My photography website http://wwphoto.redbubble.com/
My photo blog http://www.redbubble.com/people/wwphoto
Please feel free to offer any constructive criticism on my works
Willy wombat

Postby Hudo on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:47 pm

Sorry guys... Katie and I would love to attend but we start filming at 6PM a music video tomorrow.. Outdoor pool party scene with 16 ladies in white bikini's, a few token guys and the rap artist.... So we'll need to pass again this time but would have loved to attend....

Cheers,

Hudo
Hudo

Postby Melanie on Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:54 pm

:lol: Hi Russ, I'll be there lol. Did mention to the old man about the african thing but still not sure of his situation. It doesn't really matter, he'll have the kids and we'll go from there. If you're still ok to pick me up, that would be great!
Mel
Melanie

Postby Wink on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:06 pm

Hudo wrote:Sorry guys... Katie and I would love to attend but we start filming at 6PM a music video tomorrow.. Outdoor pool party scene with 16 ladies in white bikini's...

Forget the zoo! Let's all do that! :lol:
Adam.
MY PHOTOS
Allows Image Editing
Wink

Postby Hudo on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:25 pm

lol. I am looking for anyone to take behind the scenes video and still, equipment supplied..... Just PM me.. needed 5~9PM in Taylors Lakes and pay is in the way of the experience as it's a freebie to help a up and coming artist :lol:
Hudo

Return to Melbourne