recommended hotels in Adelaide?

For the Westies. So to speak.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

recommended hotels in Adelaide?

Postby redline on Tue May 16, 2006 12:13 pm

well iam looking for a hotel to stay in during my stay at adelaide does anyone recommend anything?
Life's pretty straight without drifting
http://www.puredrift.com
redline

Postby beetleboy on Tue May 16, 2006 12:27 pm

All the hotels on North Terrace are nice (Stamford Plaza, Radisson Playford, Hyatt etc) or there's the fairly new Majestic Rooftop Garden Hotel in Frome St - can't say I know of many tho cos I tend to stay in my house more than I do hotels!
beetleboy

Postby Glen on Tue May 16, 2006 12:33 pm

A few months back I stayed at Pacific International Suites on Hindmarsh Square, well priced through Wotif.com.au
Glen

Postby beetleboy on Tue May 16, 2006 12:47 pm

I remember doing some photography for Clipsal in the Pacific International - that is a gorgeous place!
beetleboy

Postby redline on Tue May 16, 2006 12:48 pm

Pacific International Suites look reasonably priced, how the afterhours parking like in that area Glen?
redline

Postby hedge on Tue May 16, 2006 12:52 pm

Check out the Clarion Rendezvous Allegra Hotel Adelaide - really really nice. Pay parking over the street that they'll valet park you in for about $20 a day i think.
He who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused...
hedge

Postby xerubus on Tue May 16, 2006 12:52 pm

i went to stamford plaza over the last 4 days while i was in adelaide... was quite nice and close to everything.

cheers
http://www.markcrossphotography.com - A camera, glass, and some light.
xerubus

Postby Glen on Tue May 16, 2006 1:08 pm

Liam, you are right, nice place.

No problem parking after hours there Redline (or all of Adelaide, but I am from Sydney :wink: ), they also had parking under the building as well for something like $15 a day including valet service. I was there for a funeral so opted for underbuilding parking so as to be as fuss free as possible.
Glen

Postby redline on Tue May 16, 2006 1:26 pm

thanks Glen, i stayed at the hilton last year but i can't get any room there this month. It was kinda 80's lookin but the lobby was nice though.
redline

Postby Glen on Tue May 16, 2006 1:52 pm

Redline, make sure you get a park view, looks out over the little park out front. I believe the rooms are not as nice looking out the back of the building. For some reason we ended up with a two bedder, good space and probably paid $130 a night
Glen

Postby losfp on Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:00 am

I might be in Adelaide in July (sorry to hijack the thread! :) ) and will need a place to stay that is not disastrously far away from the airport and footy park. Any suggestions, Adelaidians? And how hard it is to get to both locations above by public transport?

I have a couple of cousins from Singapore, they just started uni there so thought it would be nice to visit them (and also coincidentally the Swans are playing Port on the Saturday night, so might as well go to that while I'm conveniently in the area anyway)

I'll probably just stalk out wotif.com.au a couple of weeks before and see how I go...
losfp

Postby DJXtreme on Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:36 am

losfp

If you want to be close to west lakes you might consider staying at the The Lakes Resort Hotel http://www.lakesresorthotel.com.au. Nice and close to AAMI Stadium -easily walking distance. Its probably about 15 minutes from there to the airport. Otherwise you could stay in the city, there are Footy Express buses for getting to the football and Airport Express buses for getting to the airport so you're pretty well covered in that respect.

Will
DJXtreme

Postby losfp on Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:47 am

Thanks Will - unfortunately I'll just have to remember that for next time, as I am now going on the shooting meet to Port Stephens :)
losfp

Return to Adelaide and Perth