Nikonians..

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Nikonians..

Postby Kris on Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:32 am

Dont bother guys, totally hopeless. Extremely good at taking $500 of my money but still no product 2 weeks later. I've just started credit card reversal of the charges.

Birddog has had also similar problems in that items sent are via Ground (4 to 6 weeks) but we were being charged Air Express (3 day) shipping prices. I paid $58USD for 500g to be sent to me, 2 weeks later its still not here.

Will be shopping elsewhere once my money is back.
Kris

Postby sirhc55 on Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:58 am

Hi Kris

What did you buy and from whom? My experience with the US is that normally they are very good.

Cheers

Chris
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby birddog114 on Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:42 am

Hi All,
I have to contribute my ideas thru and totally agreed with Kris.
Boycott Nikonian.org and don't buy from them.
They took my money for the Markin ballhead, charged US$58.00 for FedEx or DHL then ship via German post and it took 4 weeks for arriving in Australia.
I emailed them more than 10 times and inquiry about the freight charges but they did not reply.
For a 500 gram in weight, shipped by snail mail from Deuscth Post to Australia for US$58.00, it's ridiculous and not well recommend to any member in our community.

They have good product but there's a ripped off service!!!!
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby Glen on Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:13 pm

Thanks guys for the heads up
Glen

Postby Onyx on Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:36 pm

Sorry to hear of your disappointment Kris. I was just over at Birddog's place and he relayed his experience - $US58 for shipping that takes 4 weeks. At least from US retailers, US postal service charges heaps but it gets here on time! Deutschpost or Nikonians - someone's cutting corners.
Onyx

Postby Kris on Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:03 pm

Onyx wrote:Sorry to hear of your disappointment Kris. I was just over at Birddog's place and he relayed his experience - $US58 for shipping that takes 4 weeks. At least from US retailers, US postal service charges heaps but it gets here on time! Deutschpost or Nikonians - someone's cutting corners.

Onyx, agree with you totally. I've spoken to my bank who are now processing a credit return so I'll be getting my money back. If the item turns up, ill pay them the total cost - $58 USD. If it arrives, I will not be paying ANY shipping.

If it doesnt arrive, Ill order directly from Markins or look at other alternatives, either way they are scamming the industry. It does NOT cost $58 USD to send 500g in 3 days. I remember sending some car parts from Canada to AU in 3 days and it was about 4kg, I think it cost about $64 USD from memory.
Kris

Postby birddog114 on Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:22 pm

Get this straight:
If you want Markin, then you have to go back with Nikonian and I'm sure they do that way. I've been down that road. Or you have to find another solution. They ship the ballhead to their US customers from Virgina, US.
The Markin people want us to deal with Nikonian rather than direct sale.
I bought it cos I like the Makin BH20 very much and can not wait for the RRS BH55Pro (still in back-ordered) and am going to get the RRS BH55Pro as well.
Just sick with Nikonian about the ripping off of the shipping charges and will never buy from them again.
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby petal666 on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:23 pm

I just bought an M10 this morning direct from the markins website. US$20 postage. Although at the time of ordering on the website it states you have to pay into their Korean bank account ($30 fee to do that from Aus banks) they also send out payment details and you can pay an extra $10 and use Paypal which I did. All up it will cost me $515 for the M10 and a 200mm lens plate compared to $595 from Nikonians.org and it should be here by early next week, not early next year!!!
petal666

Postby birddog114 on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:32 pm

petal666 wrote:I just bought an M10 this morning direct from the markins website. US$20 postage. Although at the time of ordering on the website it states you have to pay into their Korean bank account ($30 fee to do that from Aus banks) they also send out payment details and you can pay an extra $10 and use Paypal which I did. All up it will cost me $515 for the M10 and a 200mm lens plate compared to $595 from Nikonians.org and it should be here by early next week, not early next year!!!

Thanks for this petal666,
I think they have just changed, yesterday fozzie our member got a reply email and asked him for US$92.00 to ship by FedEx from Virginia with other bits and pieces from them.

So you paid by Paypal to their nominated acount to order the Markin 10, am I correct?
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby birddog114 on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:40 pm

Hey All,

Can I say F :evil: :evil: :evil: rip off to Nikonian.org!!!!!

Yep! fozzie got an email from Nikonian.org asking for US$92.00 to ship
3 pieces including the head to Port Adelaide SA.

I Paid US$58.00 for German Post Snail mail same as our fellow Kris, they quoted order to be shipped by FedEx or DHL.

I wonder is Kris received his ballhead or not.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby Kris on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:41 pm

Hi Guys,

no ballhead, ive sent the form back to my bank for a refund.

If the ballhead arrives, I told nikonians i will give them the money for the ballhead only, i wont be paying for the shipping

cheers
kris
Kris

Postby birddog114 on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:50 pm

Kris wrote:Hi Guys,

no ballhead, ive sent the form back to my bank for a refund.

If the ballhead arrives, I told nikonians i will give them the money for the ballhead only, i wont be paying for the shipping

cheers
kris

Kris,
Not to bother mate!!! if it arrive just keep it for yourself, it compensate your pain, that I hate and hate with people did not tell you the truth from the beginning.
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby Kris on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:59 pm

Agreed.

Very frustrating..

I've just not had time to even take shots with my camera or visit this forum or just about anything hobby related!!

Work is just too busy!
Kris

Postby petal666 on Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:01 pm

Birddog114 wrote:Thanks for this petal666,
I think they have just changed, yesterday fozzie our member got a reply email and asked him for US$92.00 to ship by FedEx from Virginia with other bits and pieces from them.

So you paid by Paypal to their nominated acount to order the Markin 10, am I correct?

Yes, using this link http://www.markins.com/2.0/eng/products ... _2004.html and then clicking on online shopping (not that it really is). I then got an email telling me their bank details in Korea but also saying that I could use paypal which I was glad to do. Paypal is way faster anyway. I ordered at 10am this morning, and got an email at 1pm saying they had my money and would be shipping from Korea tomorrow with tracking numbers and should take 4-5 business days. Can't complain about that at all.
petal666

Postby Onyx on Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:50 am

Crossing my fingers you have a pleasant experience Petal. I think we need some good news on the Markins front...
Onyx

Postby petal666 on Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:28 pm

Onyx wrote:Crossing my fingers you have a pleasant experience Petal. I think we need some good news on the Markins front...

Well here is some good news for you, ordered lunchtime Thursday, arrived lunchtime today all for US$20 postage. Really happy with that, and not GST or customs etc. That is as faster that you get stuff sent internally in Australia!!!

I think I'm going to go home early so I can get my hands on it.
petal666

Postby birddog114 on Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:37 pm

Hi All,
Breaking News:
We will soon can order the Markin stuff from our land and shipped from Korea, am working on it :D
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby sirhc55 on Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:41 pm

That is truly good news Birddog

Cheers

Chris
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member