Reportage 2005

This section contains links that may be of interest to DSLR owners. Things like software, or firmware updates, will be found here.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Reportage 2005

Postby embi on Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:43 pm

Some of you maybe interested in Reportage 2005.

http://www.reportage.com.au/

This year is its first year in Melbourne.

Born in a Bondi living room in 1999, when a group of friends took turns to show their latest work, Reportage has grown to become one of Australia's leading showcases for photojournalism and documentary photography.

Reportage is one of the few forums in which photographers can exhibit a series of images, demonstrating their power to shape a moment in our lives. It is also an opportunity to view images that may not have been previously seen, either because they haven't been published or a suitable forum has not existed.

Reportage's aim is to inform, share and inspire the visual community and the general public alike. The festival also provides an opportunity to celebrate the camaraderie that keeps the profession of independent photography alive.

In its sixth year, Reportage will again present outstanding photographic essays by leading Australian and international photographers, as well as encouraging new talent on the scene, in a dynamic cinema experience. For the first time, Reportage 2005 will travel to Melbourne for a season at the George Cinema, St Kilda.
embi

Postby Link on Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:29 pm

Thanks for the link, it looks like a great gathering. It's good Australia gets a PJ festival like this one, it's quite recent but it should grow nicely with the time. I also appreciate they don't require the pictures to have been published, so PJ can exhibit some great, never seen before work, and maybe meet photo editors from the Aussie press.

If I was in Melbourne, I would certainly not miss it!

Link.
Link

Postby embi on Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:47 pm

I will be definetly going
embi

Postby xerubus on Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:48 pm

thankyou very much for this link!.... much appreciated...

cheers
http://www.markcrossphotography.com - A camera, glass, and some light.
xerubus

Postby embi on Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:34 pm

Thinking of entering next year xerubus?
embi

Postby xerubus on Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:38 pm

embi wrote:Thinking of entering next year xerubus?

out of my league mate.... but i am extremely interested in learning from these masters...
http://www.markcrossphotography.com - A camera, glass, and some light.
xerubus

Postby hangdog on Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:44 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, embi. I'll go have a stickybeak.
hangdog

Return to Important links