Nativity Scene (San Lorenzo del Escorial)

Got a thin skin? Then look elsewhere. Post a link to an image that you've made, and invite others to offer their critiques. Honesty is encouraged, but please be positive in your constructive criticism. Flaming and just plain nastiness will not be tolerated. Please note that this is not an area for you to showcase your images, nor is this a place for you to show-off where you have been. This is an area for you to post images so that you may share with us a technique that you have mastered, or are trying to master. Typically, no more than about four images should be posted in any one post or thread, and the maximum size of any side of any image should not exceed 950 px.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please note that image critiquing is a matter of give and take: if you post images for critique, and you then expect to receive criticism, then it is also reasonable, fair and appropriate that, in return, you post your critique of the images of other members here as a matter of courtesy. So please do offer your critique of the images of others; your opinion is important, and will help everyone here enjoy their visit to far greater extent.

Also please note that, unless you state something to the contrary, other members might attempt to repost your image with their own post processing applied. We see this as an acceptable form of critique, but should you prefer that others not modify your work, this is perfectly ok, and you should state this, either within your post, or within your signature.

Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 950 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and typically no more than four images per post or thread.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Nativity Scene (San Lorenzo del Escorial)

Postby zafra52 on Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:20 pm

Hello

I took the picture of this week at the San Lorenzo del Escorial Monastery north of Madrid in Spain. It is traditional in Spain to build a Bethlehem (Belen in Spanish) to celebrate the birth of Jesus. I take this opportunity to wish you and your love ones a Merry Christmas with much love, health and happiness.

Regards
Manuel
zafra52

Re: Nativity Scene (San Lorenzo del Escorial)

Postby TonyT on Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:39 am

A safe Merry Xmas to you and all.

Tony
TonyT

Postby gstark on Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:26 am

TonyT wrote:A safe Merry Xmas to you and all.

Thanks, Tony. The same to you and your family, as well as to everyone here on this forum, whether active or passive.

It's been a very strange and difficult year for all of us, and there's no signs of that changing in the short term. Please stay safe and well, and I'll be truly glad to see that the year 2020 has become nothing more than hindsight, and hopefully a better 2021 ahead for all of us.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby ozimax on Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:16 am

Indeed Zaffs, Tony, Gary and all those in DSLRusers-land:

As we celebrate the birth of Christ, (I'm listening to traditional music as I type), and over-eat tomorrow at a never ending procession of family functions (hopefully local king prawns will be present), a Merry Christmas to all and a happy and healthy 2021!

Ozi
President, A.A.A.A.A (Australian Association Against Acronym Abuse)
Canon EOS R6, RF 24-105 F4, RF 70-200 F4, RF 35mm F1.8, RF 16mm F2.8
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)
ozimax

Postby Matt. K on Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:29 pm

As time and gravity conspire to wear us down and wear us out, we, the resilient ones, fight back with our love of seeing, and learning, and thinking, and singing and dancing, and chatting to friends, and tending our gardens and dining on fresh foods and drinking wine, and fondling our cameras, those precious machines so beautifully engineered with a precision that could only be constructed by aliens, and with those cameras we record the wonders of our life and beauty of our planet and the people we love knowing that all is transient, our lives a brief flash in the awfulness of infinite time. All of this we give up one day so why not have a bloody good Xmas and raise a glass to the Gods and mumble a quite, "thank you".
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby ozimax on Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:25 pm

Matt. K wrote: ... our cameras, those precious machines so beautifully engineered with a precision that could only be constructed by aliens, and with those cameras we record the wonders of our life and beauty of our planet and the people we love knowing that all is transient, our lives a brief flash in the awfulness of infinite time....

Matt forgive me for truncating your prose but this is so good I may record it in my memoirs. With due acknowledgement of course. Thank you. And a Merry Christmas to you and yours.
President, A.A.A.A.A (Australian Association Against Acronym Abuse)
Canon EOS R6, RF 24-105 F4, RF 70-200 F4, RF 35mm F1.8, RF 16mm F2.8
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)
ozimax

Return to Image Reviews and Critiques