A35 Lightning

Got a thin skin? Then look elsewhere. Post a link to an image that you've made, and invite others to offer their critiques. Honesty is encouraged, but please be positive in your constructive criticism. Flaming and just plain nastiness will not be tolerated. Please note that this is not an area for you to showcase your images, nor is this a place for you to show-off where you have been. This is an area for you to post images so that you may share with us a technique that you have mastered, or are trying to master. Typically, no more than about four images should be posted in any one post or thread, and the maximum size of any side of any image should not exceed 950 px.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please note that image critiquing is a matter of give and take: if you post images for critique, and you then expect to receive criticism, then it is also reasonable, fair and appropriate that, in return, you post your critique of the images of other members here as a matter of courtesy. So please do offer your critique of the images of others; your opinion is important, and will help everyone here enjoy their visit to far greater extent.

Also please note that, unless you state something to the contrary, other members might attempt to repost your image with their own post processing applied. We see this as an acceptable form of critique, but should you prefer that others not modify your work, this is perfectly ok, and you should state this, either within your post, or within your signature.

Images posted here should conform with the general forum guidelines. Image sizes should not exceed 950 pixels along the largest side (height or width) and typically no more than four images per post or thread.

Please also ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

A35 Lightning

Postby ozimax on Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:41 pm

Upon driving home last Monday with3 grandsons in tow, we stopped (as is our custom) at the RAAF base at Williamtown to watch the planes do their thing. (How else to keep 3 little fellas amused for a while? Coffs is still a long drive). The sleek looking FA-18's are on the way out, replaced by the squat, ugly and fearfully loud A35's.

Plane photos can be a bit boring so I took the liberty of spicing the shot up in Luminar 4 (which I still haven't got a handle on).

Original photo
ImageA35a by Ozimax, on Flickr

Desecrated photo
ImageA35b by Ozimax, on Flickr
President, A.A.A.A.A (Australian Association Against Acronym Abuse)
Canon EOS R6, RF 24-105 F4, RF 70-200 F4, RF 35mm F1.8, RF 16mm F2.8
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)
ozimax

Re: A35 Lightning

Postby gstark on Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:15 am

ozimax wrote:Plane photos can be a bit boring so I took the liberty of spicing the shot up in Luminar 4 (which I still haven't got a handle on).

Which is another way of saying that plane photos can be ... plain.

I prefer the unblemished one. :)

We were actually up in that neck of the woods just a couple of weeks ago. Picked up the newest member of our family, Koko, a beautiful 10 weeks old labradoodle.

Very fiesty, full of personality. I'll post some pics presently
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby zafra52 on Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:44 pm

Well... what do you know? You can't trust your eyes anymore, or at least mine. I was about to say that I prefer the second photo then I read your comments. I still do like the second photo though the plane is not as clear as in the first, which to me is far from plain. :cheers:
zafra52

Postby ozimax on Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:38 pm

gstark wrote:Picked up the newest member of our family, Koko, a beautiful 10 weeks old labradoodle.

Very fiesty, full of personality. I'll post some pics presently

Arrrrgh the humour is descending at a rapid pace. As for Fido, here's a question:

My brother breeds Taco Terriers (mini Foxie x Chihuaha (sp?)). He has a little 6wk old fella for me (freebie) if I want him. We have been looking at a pooch for quite a few years. Our "expertise" in past years has been Dachshunds, but renting for so many years means no dawgs allowed. Now we have a little house we can have a pooch again. Anyone here have experience with Foxies or Chihuhuhuas ? Is it Yes or No ?
ozimax

Postby sirhc55 on Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:07 pm

Luminar 4 is an amazing program but like all programs it takes time to master - somewhat like photography.
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby gstark on Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:44 am

Hey Chris.

How the hell are you? Hopefully keeping well and relatively sane?

Great to see you here
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby ozimax on Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:28 pm

gstark wrote:Hey Chris.

How the hell are you? Hopefully keeping well and relatively sane?

Great to see you here

Was about to post the same thing. Good to hear from one of the legendary sages of the photographic world! And I was in Port last Monday night for a few hours! (Took my grandsons to Young's Amusement show down on the waterfront).
ozimax

Postby ozimax on Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:31 pm

sirhc55 wrote:Luminar 4 is an amazing program but like all programs it takes time to master - somewhat like photography.

I have literally left the world of Photoshop just this week. My subscription has ended and I ain't paying their monthly extortion fee any more. I have bought a copy of Luminar 4 and now I need to find out how to drive the thing.
ozimax

Return to Image Reviews and Critiques