Fujifilm Finepix X10 Sensor Problem

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Fujifilm Finepix X10 Sensor Problem

Postby the foto fanatic on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Newly noticed - Noah Syndrome:

:biglaugh:
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Re: Fujifilm Finepix X10 Sensor Problem

Postby Matt. K on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:06 pm

OH OH! 2 hippos same sex. Just not gonna work. :D :D :D
How do you like your X10 trevor? It took me awhile to get comfortable with the settings and controls but then it all seemed to become logical. It's odd tht in EXR mode with AUTO ISO 400 the camera shoots almost as well at 6MP as it does at 12MP. That's the mode that takes some figurin out.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Re: Fujifilm Finepix X10 Sensor Problem

Postby the foto fanatic on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:29 pm

Matt
I love it for its portability and versatility. The viewfinder is good but would have been much better if you could see the focus point.

I'm mainly using aperture preferred full res at the moment. I tried the EXR mode initially but got pissed off with random DOF effects.

I think the colour reproduction is excellent, but I wasn't overly impressed with resolution in EXR mode, hence the change to Raw at full res.

A tad wider at the lower end of the zoom range would have been good. The macro setting is easy and gives great results too. I have also used the Drive setting with exposure bracketing for HDR and it works fine.
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Return to Equipment Reviews