Canonet G-III 17 Battery + Film

Many of our members still have film cameras. And some even use them! This is for film junkies

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Canonet G-III 17 Battery + Film

Postby mikecarlotto on Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:50 pm

Hi guys,

I was digging around Mum and Dad's the other week and found a Canonet G-III 17 + Canolite D Flash. Pretty old school, well for me at least :lol:

Thought I'd give it a crack for some fun!

Anyway I need to source a new battery for this bad boy before I can chuck a roll of film into. A bit of googling revealed I need a MRB625 if I don't want to muck around with dropping the voltage. Anyone know any good sources to pick one up? I'd perfer to not have to get it from the US.

Also any tips on a type of film to chuck into it? Never had to worry about this before.

Cheers!
Shooting with Canon 450D + BG-E5 + 18-55 IS + 55-250 IS
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelcarlotto
mikecarlotto

Re: Canonet G-III 17 Battery + Film

Postby eSFotos on Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:54 pm

GIII is worth saving.
You can use alkaline version of 625 (1.5V). They are readily available from Tandy - I think it's PX625.
The original mercury battery is 1.35v so you have to set ASA halve to compensate.
As for film, I personally like Fuji PRO series for professional grade film. If you want consumer grade, I prefer Kodak.
But film is subjective. Try a few.
Good luck.
eSFotos

Return to Film and Non-Digital Imaging