Servaas Products

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Re: Powerex and IMEDION flash refresh rate

Postby servaasproducts on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:08 am

Rooz wrote:
servaasproducts wrote:Just a followup on the refresh rate of the Powerex 2700's or the Powerex IMEDION's in their flash?

This is a common question and I would love your feedback.

i've never had a refresh issue with either the imedions or the powerex's so it cant be too bad.

Thanks for the feedback Rooz
Rooz wrote:i have found though that when left idle, the imedions seem to lose their charge much faster than the eneloops especially.

That is interesting, as it is different to the 3 month discharge rate comparison tests from a user on the Digital Photography Review forum who found the discharge rates between all LSD batteries to be very similar. Is the higher discharge rate something you have measured with your MH-C9000?
Gear: Pentax k-x, Sigma 30 1.4, Sigma 17-70, Sigma 70-200, AF540FGZ Powerex AA batteries and recharged with Powerex AA battery chargers
follow s on twitter
servaasproducts

Re: Servaas Products

Postby mickeyjuice on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:00 am

snappd wrote:Slightly :ot: here but i was not far into an initial break-in cycle of my powerex 2700's when that storm hit us up here in Brissy & the power went off briefly. It was approx 350 mins into the first charge cycle. I was hoping it would take off from where it was stopped but no such luck......so what now, do I start from the start again?
:?

I'd just start it again.
cheers, juice
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mickeyjuice/
A bunch of Canon stuff (including Canon & Sigma lenses). Way more gear than talent.
mickeyjuice

Postby gstark on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:45 am

mickeyjuice wrote:
snappd wrote:Slightly :ot: here but i was not far into an initial break-in cycle of my powerex 2700's when that storm hit us up here in Brissy & the power went off briefly. It was approx 350 mins into the first charge cycle. I was hoping it would take off from where it was stopped but no such luck......so what now, do I start from the start again?
:?

I'd just start it again.

I'd move. :)
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby mickeyjuice on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:48 am

gstark wrote:I'd move. :)

From Brisbane? Who wouldn't? :-)

I've had that happen to me, and just restarted, and it was fine. They get recharged from different points all through their lives, so it won't hurt them.
cheers, juice
A bunch of Canon stuff (including Canon & Sigma lenses). Way more gear than talent.
mickeyjuice

Postby chrisk on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:35 pm

servaasproducts wrote:
Rooz wrote:
servaasproducts wrote:Just a followup on the refresh rate of the Powerex 2700's or the Powerex IMEDION's in their flash?

This is a common question and I would love your feedback.

i've never had a refresh issue with either the imedions or the powerex's so it cant be too bad.

Thanks for the feedback Rooz
Rooz wrote:i have found though that when left idle, the imedions seem to lose their charge much faster than the eneloops especially.

That is interesting, as it is different to the 3 month discharge rate comparison tests from a user on the Digital Photography Review forum who found the discharge rates between all LSD batteries to be very similar. Is the higher discharge rate something you have measured with your MH-C9000?

what do you mean by "measured" by the MH-C9000 ? sorry i have no idea what that means....i'm pretty basic with this sort of stuff. lol

what i meant was that i had 2 sets of batteries in my pack, 1 set of eneloops and 1 set of imedions. they were fully charged using the MHC9000 and sitting in my pack for a couple of months. when i put them in my strobes, the eneloops were fine and operated as normal, (they are still in there), but the imedions ran out of charge after only 30 minutes. once they were recharged they worked fine. this is not the first time this has happened either.

i'm positive that they were fully charged cos my used batteries get put into a case with a red elastic band on it and my fully charged ones go in a case with a green elastic band on it to make sure i dont get confused.
EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75 l AW1 l V3
chrisk

Postby servaasproducts on Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:03 pm

Rooz wrote:what do you mean by "measured" by the MH-C9000 ? sorry i have no idea what that means....i'm pretty basic with this sort of stuff. lol

To 'measure' the discharge rate, put the batteries into your MH-C9000 after 1 or 2 months of not being used, and charge them. The LCD will show how much capacity each battery took. After 1 month, they should only take a few minutes to charge, as they should still be 90% full. The screen will cycle through each slot tell you how much energy you added to each battery.

Rooz wrote:what i meant was that i had 2 sets of batteries in my pack, 1 set of eneloops and 1 set of imedions. they were fully charged using the MHC9000 and sitting in my pack for a couple of months. when i put them in my strobes, the eneloops were fine and operated as normal, (they are still in there), but the imedions ran out of charge after only 30 minutes. once they were recharged they worked fine. this is not the first time this has happened either.

I suspect one of the batteries may be a dud, if this is the case, the MH-C9000 will tell you which one, as one of the batteries will take almost a full charge, and the others only a small amount of charge. As the strobe needs the full voltage from all 4 batteries, it is stopping when one battery is dead and the other 3 are 90% full.

Rooz wrote:i'm positive that they were fully charged cos my used batteries get put into a case with a red elastic band on it and my fully charged ones go in a case with a green elastic band on it to make sure i dont get confused.

Your IMEDIONs should outperform your eneloops, as they do for other users. Please try the test above, and we'll try to identify the issue, and replace the dud battery for you under warranty.

Cheers

Jeff
Gear: Pentax k-x, Sigma 30 1.4, Sigma 17-70, Sigma 70-200, AF540FGZ Powerex AA batteries and recharged with Powerex AA battery chargers
follow s on twitter
servaasproducts

Postby chrisk on Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:37 pm

will do. thanks for the feedback. :)
when it comes closer to time i'll ask you wtf all those little numbers on the screen mean cos i have no idea.
EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75 l AW1 l V3
chrisk

Postby muzz on Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:57 am

Just off the phone from Jeff - is there anything he won't do? Very flexible regarding mix'n'match products and very helpful advice. I rarely find this kind of service these days.

Now if only he sold cars................. :D
Canon 7D | Canon 350D | G5 | S95 | 24-70mm f2.8L | 50mm f1.8 II | 70-200mm f2.8L USM | 430EX II | Strobist gear
muzz

Postby gstark on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:20 am

muzz wrote:Now if only he sold cars................. :D

Please be nice .... :)
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby servaasproducts on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:38 am

muzz wrote:Just off the phone from Jeff - is there anything he won't do? Very flexible regarding mix'n'match products and very helpful advice. I rarely find this kind of service these days.

FOR SALE: Holden Commodore VY SS, Silver, 111,000km, Leather interior, Stainless Extractors, Stainless 2.5" exhaust, GTS tune: 237rwkw, Excellent condition, VIC reg till Sept 2009, RWC, must sell to buy 7 seater. $19,000ono or will consider trade for LandCruiser/Patrol/Prado/Pajero with 7 seats :)
follow s on twitter
servaasproducts

Postby gstark on Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:02 pm

servaasproducts wrote:
muzz wrote:Just off the phone from Jeff - is there anything he won't do? Very flexible regarding mix'n'match products and very helpful advice. I rarely find this kind of service these days.

FOR SALE: Holden Commodore VY SS, Silver, 111,000km, Leather interior, Stainless Extractors, Stainless 2.5" exhaust, GTS tune: 237rwkw, Excellent condition, VIC reg till Sept 2009, RWC, must sell to buy 7 seater. $19,000ono or will consider trade for LandCruiser/Patrol/Prado/Pajero with 7 seats :)

Double overhead-cam grease nipples?

How many cup-holders?

We need to know the important stuff!
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby mickeyjuice on Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:04 pm

Rooz wrote:I'm positive that they were fully charged cos my used batteries get put into a case with a red elastic band on it and my fully charged ones go in a case with a green elastic band on it to make sure i dont get confused.

Easier way - charged ones go in the case all facing the same way, flat go in alternating.
cheers, juice
mickeyjuice

Postby ATJ on Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:34 pm

mickeyjuice wrote:
Rooz wrote:I'm positive that they were fully charged cos my used batteries get put into a case with a red elastic band on it and my fully charged ones go in a case with a green elastic band on it to make sure i dont get confused.

Easier way - charged ones go in the case all facing the same way, flat go in alternating.

What if there is only one in the case? ;) I get this because I have one extra battery on SB-800, one in my GPS and one somewhere else which I can't recall at the moment.
ATJ

Postby servaasproducts on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:50 pm

ATJ wrote:
mickeyjuice wrote:

What if there is only one in the case? ;) I get this because I have one extra battery on SB-800, one in my GPS and one somewhere else which I can't recall at the moment.

Then you store them in 8 cell battery cases

We have started to sell our Powerex 2700 AA's and IMEDION AA's in quantities of 5 in an8 cell case to cater to SB800 owners. $25 a 5 pack. Call if you want them, they're not on the website yet.
follow s on twitter
servaasproducts

Postby colin_12 on Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:01 pm

As is to be expected more good news on Servaas.
I love it when you get goodies in the post. Charging the powerex set as I write.
Thanks for the prompt and ease of your service Jeff. :up:
Regards Colin
Cameras, lenses and a lust for life
colin_12

Postby Matt. K on Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:01 pm

mickeyjuice
Exactly my system. Works for me.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby servaasproducts on Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:28 pm

colin_12 wrote:As is to be expected more good news on Servaas.
I love it when you get goodies in the post. Charging the powerex set as I write.
Thanks for the prompt and ease of your service Jeff. :up:

You are welcome Colin.
follow s on twitter
servaasproducts

Postby Reschsmooth on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:05 pm

Ordered Wed afternoon; arrived Friday (of the same week!). Fantastic service and easy process. If only I had remembered about the 5 packs of batteries & to order more AA cases!
Regards, Patrick

Two or three lights, any lens on a light-tight box are sufficient for the realisation of the most convincing image. Man Ray 1935.
Our mug is smug
Reschsmooth

Postby gasgasgas on Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:39 pm

I had the great pleasure of dealing with Jeff in the week leading up to Anzac Day.

I called him on the Monday and had all of my lovely gear in my hands by Wednesday. I was extremely happy with the products, packaging and service.

Cheers
Simon Grounds
Previously disappointed Nikon user. Now happy to have stuck with it. :) Bring on the lotto win for some new Nikon's ;)
gasgasgas

Previous

Return to Trader Opinions