Lowepro Insurance Coverage?

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Lowepro Insurance Coverage?

Postby bwhatnall on Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:58 pm

Recently I had a Lowepro mini trekker AW zipper give way as I was walking down the pavement, the entire front of the bag unfolded as the zip just let go, spilling all my camera contents onto the ground below. I am impressed that all my lenses withstood a drop fron chest height onto concrete, apart from the Tamron 70-300, whos zoom function is now thouroughly broken, and my SB-600, which the bulb broke on after a shock like that (expected) :violin: :violin:

Is there any way that Lowepro would cover this under their 1 year warranty. I am buying the Tamrac expedition 5 of Glenels :cheers: , cheers mate for the great price. But if i can get my lowepro covered under warrenty, it would make a nice small backup bag.

The only thing wrong with it is that the zipper split!! :cry:
Lots of goodies really, lets just say my lenses stretch from 10mm to 500mm with plenty of light at 5fps ;)

My Portfolio - http://www.brookewhatnall.com
bwhatnall

Re: Lowepro Insurance Coverage?

Postby shakey on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:47 pm

I thought Lowepro has a limited lifetime warranty, but for the bag and not the contents.
shakey

Postby Marvin on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:13 am

I don't know but I would be bloody pissed off if that happened to me.
Nikon D7000
Marvin

Postby bwhatnall on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:25 pm

I was very annoyed that it happened, the fact that my gear broke, I can understand that they cant cover the gear that they break, it would cost a fortune, but I would have throught that it was covered for faulty zips, and would, offer some compensation for that.
Lots of goodies really, lets just say my lenses stretch from 10mm to 500mm with plenty of light at 5fps ;)

bwhatnall

Postby moz on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:42 pm

It's almost unheard of for a warranty to cover consequential damage - one of the D lock companies advertised it as a special feature but the restrictions were so severe as to make it worthless. Especially for things like cheap camera bags the cost of the contents will almost always exceed the cost of the bag (let alone the profit on the bag) and it's just not going to happen.
http://www.moz.net.nz
have bicycle, will go to Critical Mass
moz

Postby kiwi on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:55 pm

Your H&C insurance may well cover this anyhow.
Last edited by kiwi on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darren
Nikon D3 and Nikon Glass
kiwi

Postby aim54x on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:56 pm

I would think that the zip failure will likely to be covered, BUT not your gear unfortunately *starts thinking about insurance again*
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby bwhatnall on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:14 pm

Awesome, thanks for the info guys, I probably wouldnt want a replacment of my old telephoto though, it was one of those $150 Tamron 70-300's, im saving for the Sigma 150-500 OS, now that looks like magic.

Have saved up and purchased a new flash in the meantime anyhow.

bwhatnall

Postby aim54x on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:22 pm

bwhatnall wrote:Awesome, thanks for the info guys, I probably wouldnt want a replacment of my old telephoto though, it was one of those $150 Tamron 70-300's, im saving for the Sigma 150-500 OS, now that looks like magic.

Have saved up and purchased a new flash in the meantime anyhow.

Good to here about the replacement for the flash, I have one of those Tamron 70-300mm as well it has been the mainstay of my long lenses for a long time until my 180mm macro came along, they are light, cheap and get the job done so I wont get rid of it until it dies. BTW have you tried to send your broken lowepro back to maxwell yet?
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby Glen on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:00 pm

Have you tried the retailer that sold it to you? They are the ones you have a contract with.

As you are a pro photog I think you will find your insurance covers your gear.
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Return to Equipment Reviews