AA Battery test

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Re: AA Battery test

Postby gstark on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:26 pm

servaasproducts wrote:just like an old man can still drink beer, but how well he holds his liquor is another thing :)

Jeff,

That sounds to me an awful lot like you're suggesting another test that we need to perform. :)
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Glen on Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:37 pm

Gary, I agree with you :lol:

Jeff, nice enhancement to the test, I will charge a set of older Eneloops and Energisers and report the results here
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby servaasproducts on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:44 pm

gstark wrote:
servaasproducts wrote:just like an old man can still drink beer, but how well he holds his liquor is another thing :)

Jeff,

That sounds to me an awful lot like you're suggesting another test that we need to perform. :)

Yep, that's called a members meet-up test ;)
Gear: Pentax k-x, Sigma 30 1.4, Sigma 17-70, Sigma 70-200, AF540FGZ Powerex AA batteries and recharged with Powerex AA battery chargers
follow s on twitter
servaasproducts

Postby gstark on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:44 pm

Those in favour?
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby dviv on Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:39 pm

aye cap'n
7D, 60D, 70-200mm f/4LIS, 17-50mm f/2.8, 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 50mm f/1.4, 100mm f/2.8 Macro, 580EX II
dviv

Postby Glen on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:59 am

An update on the non drinking part of these tests - put the 4 Energizer of unknown vintage through the refresh/analyse section of the Wizard One. These Energizer are rated at 2300mah which probably makes them at least a year old and possibly up to 2.5 yrs old, I really cant remember why or when I bought them. The results were interesting, one came up High (faulty) then, 1788, 1862 and 1692. I am testing the Eneloops now then will retest in 2 weeks time.
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby sirhc55 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:38 am

Interesting concept but unfortunately totally wrong.

Go to any pub on a Friday night and what will you see. The ‘ol fellas sitting in a corner supping on their ale or malt in reminisce mode. They hold their liquor both internally and externally with aplomb :wink:

The youngsters - yelling, puking, and generally making their presence an obscene indictment of their inability to hold their liquor :D
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby Glen on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:52 am

The initial figures for the indeterminate age Eneloops are 1943, 1902, 1868 and 1955. Will report back in 2 weeks what the retained charge is.
Thank You
Glen

Previous

Return to Equipment Reviews