Benro Equivalent to Man 190XPROB and 488RC4

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Benro Equivalent to Man 190XPROB and 488RC4

Postby peteratworkinqld on Mon May 26, 2008 7:12 pm

Hey Guys

Firstly thanks to everyone who has helped me with other questions regarding my new lens for my Nikon in another thread, I can see myself becoming a regular in the forums here, as I learn.

I'm getting a tripod, as I don't even have one as yet and want to make sure I get something that is going to suit my needs for years to come.

Mostly landscape/architecture, nature and potrait photography is what I'll be doing, have read a bit around and everyone seems to recommend the Manfrotto 190XPROB and Ball head 488RC4.

I want something that is reasonably light that you can carry on the back of a backpack, but is sturdy as well.

If anyone has any ideas in the Benro range I'd like to hear, from them.

Also I'm about 6 foot so something with the right height, I went and had a look at the 190 today and it's just high enough, I found the 55 series a bit heavy to be lugging around.

Any advise will be great

Thanks

Peter
Nikon D40
peteratworkinqld

Re: Benro Equivalent to Man 190XPROB and 488RC4

Postby peteratworkinqld on Mon May 26, 2008 7:13 pm

Forgot to mention budget something along the range of the 300 - 350 maybe stretch if necessary.
Nikon D40
peteratworkinqld

Postby who on Tue May 27, 2008 1:14 am

Go CF - carbon fibre.

Heres a new review that google found me:

http://www.trick77.com/2008/05/03/revie ... on-tripod/

And this site has lots of good info on their stuff, but don't buy from them - too dear

http://www.photopal.co.uk/

A bit of Benro is available through the forum if you're eligible. If you don't know what I mean, read the FAQ :wink:

Edit: you don't have the status as yet it seems.....

I personally am still looking for a tripod, been gunna for ages now :roll: But the mortgage, postgrad study (recently paid 2 course fees for semester), even putting $250 fuel into the 4wd all hurt the bank balance.

Still eyeing off a Gitzo to buy via HK and a RRS ballhead to suit the L plate I have..... although that budget is about $1K approx.

If you have'n't read this yet - read this http://www.bythom.com/support.htm
Old D200+extras
who

Postby peteratworkinqld on Tue May 27, 2008 7:26 am

Looks like the C-297 is the way to go with a KS-0 Ball head is the way to go, anyone got this setup?

I had a read at some of those things, the last article was great just wish I had the funds to spend.
Nikon D40
peteratworkinqld

Return to Equipment Reviews