Scott Kelby's The Digital Photography Book, Volume 2

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Scott Kelby's The Digital Photography Book, Volume 2

Postby gleff on Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:09 pm

Anyone got it? I just ordered it from Amazon so I should have it by the end of the month. I've got the first volume and it's really great.

Just wondering if anyone has volume 2 and what they think of it. I like Scott Kelby's writing style and have many of his books so I'm sure I'll find it very useful. At least the table of contents leads me to believe this.
http://www.gleff.com

Re: Scott Kelby's The Digital Photography Book, Volume 2

Postby Alex on Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:00 pm

Hi. I only have the 1st vol., and I agree it's great for quick fixes, I might have a look at vol. 2. They are good books as far as finding solutions but do not go into much explanation. Sorry, didn't answer your question, just agree they are good if you need a quick solution.

Cheers

Alex
Alex

Postby ozbastion on Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:51 am

Yeah I've got volume 2. I find it's very helpful and explains a lot of things.. sometimes a bit too simple.. haven't read volume 1, but from my impression of volume 2, I would want to read vol 1 if I have the chance.
ozbastion

Postby idleowen on Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:51 am

I've got both volumes and quite like them,like the format of one page tips/how to,all grouped in suitable chapters........covers using both Nikon and Canon...........his Photoshop Books are quite good too,straight to the point,easy reference etc.
nikon stuff
idleowen

Postby JeffGlue on Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:28 pm

In the process of reading it at the mo. I'll let you know when I've finished!
D300, 17-55 2.8, 70-200VR, SB-800
JeffGlue

Postby devilla101 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:32 pm

Slightly off topic but has anyone ordered from Amazon recently and the box was in a hesian bag?

I ordered from Amazon last month and when I got it, I read the delivery paperwork and mine went from US, France then HK. Weird
devilla101

Postby SNW on Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:53 am

devilla101 wrote:Slightly off topic but has anyone ordered from Amazon recently and the box was in a hesian bag?

Yes, I ordered a native orchids book from Amazon last year and it arrived in a HUGE US postal service hesian mail bag, it was very odd.
All my other orders has simply been the usual Amazon boxes.
SNW

Return to Equipment Reviews