Fixing this image...

Tutorials, questions, demos, questionable images ,,,

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Fixing this image...

Postby ATJ on Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:30 pm

How should I go about getting rid of the white shell in the bottom left? (If I thought of it at the time I would have moved it with my hand before I took the photograph). It is so badly blown it is just a big white blob. This makes it easy to select, but I'm not sure what to replace it with.

Note: I am not using Photoshop so please make any recommendations generic so I can apply them to PaintShop Pro 9.

Thanks.
ATJ

Postby BT*ist on Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:53 pm

Can you transplant anything from another photo taken under similar conditions? Using what's in the photo, perhaps take the kelp-y thing in the bottom right, rotate it and change colour /hue/ levels slightly. Or maybe the white/green part of the rock on the top right, again rotated and altered slightly so it's not too similar or obvious.

Nice shot, btw. I (think) I can see the eye (!) - what is the fleshy thing below and to the right of it?
Pentax istDS+K10D. Pentax 50mm f1.4, Sigma 10-20mm, Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro, Kit Lenses. http://www.redbubble.com/people/berndt2
BT*ist

Postby Antsl on Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:59 pm

Not too suire what your options are in Paintshop pro however but I hope that you can at least layers in their basic form. I would look at copying the background layer (this image as you see it)... flipping it horizontally and then erasing the bulk of the upper and right side of the image to reveal the backgroud layer below. It is the simplest way of achieving what you are trying to do.
Antsl

Postby ATJ on Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:02 pm

Thanks...

Here is a quick and dirty:

The the right of the eye is the body. The arms are to the left and below the eye. The pinky-orange patch to the right and down a bit is inside the mantle cavity and the greeny patch to the right of that is the outside of the body.
ATJ

Return to Post Processing