plugin help

Tutorials, questions, demos, questionable images ,,,

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

plugin help

Postby robert on Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:14 pm

Hi all,
I posted in absolute beginners but didnt get a response so I am wondering how to use any actions/plugins that are downloaded.

Do i have to do anything to access them once i've downloaded or where would they be situated- eg on the toolbar under which drop down etc...

I am using elements 4

This page has lots but not sure how to open/use them in elelments. http://www.atncentral.com/download.htm

Thanks
Robert
robert

Postby Bindii on Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:36 pm

It depends on what you download.. some of them automatically load into the right folder for you but others you have to unzip and drag them into the right spot.. for instance a filter may have to be unzipped... then you would have to open up your program files>photoshop>filters>and drag the downloaded filter into that...

it might help if we knew which ones you need to install..

:)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but it's still on the list... ;)
Bindii

Postby robert on Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:22 pm

thanks bindii,

i wanted to try the SF colormixer- it looks like a split tone colouring, (from the link)

anyway i did alot of searching and not sure if many "free" actions are compatible with elements,

I tend to end up with a result I'm happy with nut i guess the plugin just makes it quicker!
robert

Postby Matt. K on Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:22 pm

Look at the extension of the filter...8BF or somesuch, and make sure you put the filter into the Photoshop folder that has the same extensions. :shock:
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Return to Post Processing