Poon Feedback

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Poon Feedback

Postby cawdor on Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:12 pm

Hi all, I just wanted to leave some feedback about my order with Poon though this site. My order was placed on a tuesday evening and money transferred via my HSBC account to Poon's HSBC account. I received the automatic emails but hadn't heard anything by friday, at which point I contacted a mod here to check things for me.

My order was then sent on friday evening, arrived in Perth International mail centre saturday morning and I had my order tuesday morning (due to monday being a public holiday).

Overall I am very happy with the process, it was easy and hassle-free. One aspect which I feel could improve the process is a notification when money is received - I felt a bit antsy when I hadn't heard anything by friday, considering the money would have arrived the next day (internal HSBC transfer).

Thumbs up for Poon :)
Tim
D300 | D200 | F90x | 70-200 f2.8 VR | Tamron 90 f2.8 Macro | Tokina 12-24 f4 | Sigma 18-50 f2.8 Macro | Nikon SB-800
cawdor

Postby MHD on Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:18 pm

whattya buy? :)
New page
http://www.potofgrass.com
Portfolio...
http://images.potofgrass.com
Comments and money always welcome
MHD

Postby Greg B on Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:01 pm

Tim, are you saying that you didn't receive an email confirmation of your order?

(Edit - sorry, I didn't read your post properly, hence my stupid question)
Last edited by Greg B on Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Re: Poon Feedback

Postby gstark on Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:02 pm

cawdor wrote:Hi all, I just wanted to leave some feedback about my order with Poon though this site. My order was placed on a tuesday evening and money transferred via my HSBC account to Poon's HSBC account. I received the automatic emails but hadn't heard anything by friday

That is exactly by design.

The banking system typically can take up to three days for the cleared funds to appear in Poon's HSBC account, and I've found that there is little point in my following up orders while the funds are still in transit within the banking system.

Your comment about recieving a notification when the money is received seems to acknowledge this point, but please accept that this notification needs to come from the recipient of the funds. That would be Poon, and we have no input into his processes.

While, as soon as your payment advice is processed, your order is sent to HK, I'm not sure of how I can do much more to improve the communication process. I can only work on our side of things, which is to provide a framework for gathering orders and sending them to HK. Anything else is beyond my sphere of influence.

I'm open to suggestions for improving the processes, but please bear in mind that your funds are going directly into Poon's bank account, and I have zero visibility of those payments.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby gstark on Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:06 pm

Greg B wrote:Tim, are you saying that you didn't receive an email confirmation of your order?

I think he's saying that he didn't recieve a confirmation that his payment had been received in HK, and that would be normal.

Poon doesn't acknowledge your payments per se, he just ships the goods. :)
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby cawdor on Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:19 pm

I appreciate your point - maybe the 3 day waiting period can be mentioned in one of the automatic emails? As this was my first order with Poon, I had no idea - and thus got a bit worried, considering the amount of money involved.

To the person who asked what I got - I bought a D200 :)

I'm definitely gonna buy from Poon again.
Tim
D300 | D200 | F90x | 70-200 f2.8 VR | Tamron 90 f2.8 Macro | Tokina 12-24 f4 | Sigma 18-50 f2.8 Macro | Nikon SB-800
cawdor

Postby Greg B on Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:21 pm

Congratulations on the D200 Tim, you will be very happy

cheers
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby gstark on Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:24 pm

cawdor wrote:I appreciate your point - maybe the 3 day waiting period can be mentioned in one of the automatic emails?

I can certainly add that to the wording of the email.

Thank you.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby cawdor on Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:30 pm

Greg B wrote:Congratulations on the D200 Tim, you will be very happy

cheers

I'm already over the moon with it. Just need to get my head around all the new settings and layout of buttons so I can operate it "blind".
Tim
cawdor

Postby amarkin on Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:01 am

I bought my Nikkor F/1.8D AF from this guy on eBay before I joined this forum. I had no problems with that transaction. I paid using PayPal and received the lens in a short time.

One other thing: this is my favourite fixed focal length lens at the moment. :)
Nikon D50, 18-70mm F/3.5-4.5 AF, 85mm F/1.8D AF, 50mm F/1.4D AF, Zorki-4, Jupiter 8 50mm F/2.0.
amarkin

Postby adam on Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:30 pm

I placed the order and paid on Friday night.
It's now Thursday morning, and my 30D + grip has arrived! Less than a week! That's amazingly fast for me. A lot faster than I have anticipated (and now I've got an exam in a few hours!)
---
Equipment: camera body, wide lens, standard lens, telephoto lens, flash
Wish list: skill
adam

Postby Pa on Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:32 pm

not a camera or a you beaut lens just a memory card.job well done,thanks to all involved.
cheers pa
cheers pa

http://pa.smugmug.com

Work it's part of your life.....So make it an enjoyable part of it.
Pa

Postby iifiip on Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:06 pm

where can i find the Poon ?
iifiip

Postby stubbsy on Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:15 pm

iifiip wrote:where can i find the Poon ?

You can find Poon on Ebay - click HERE

Once you've settled in here you'll also find he sells through the forum (go read the FAQ accesible from the front page for more details)

Please also give a little more detail about your locality in your profile (what suburb). This often helps others answer your questions.

And finally. Welcome to the forum. You should find lots to do here.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Return to Trader Opinions