Serious business

Have your say on issues related to using a DSLR camera.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Postby Glen on Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:44 pm

John great post and good to have your support.

May I suggest in the interest of fairness you also post that at your new forum as equally as there are people here who may want to continue childish behaviour, there may be people there with the same desires or a vested interest in creating a perceived rift between Birddy and other forums.
Glen

Postby johndec on Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:53 pm

Not a problem Glen, although I should point out that I am just a plain, ordinary, bog standard member there just like you. I hold no special status there, but all the same I am happy to post a link to this thread there if you are unwilling to do so.
If I'm alone in a forest and my wife is not around to hear what I say, am I still wrong ??
johndec

Postby Finch on Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:05 pm

Thanh,

Its moments like these that you wish you could turn back the clock. This is a cowardly, nasty and criminal act and I can only hope that this person is dealt with the full weight of the law.

As so many have said, you have been so decent and fair to so many people and I'm one of the many people whom you have gone out of your way to help when in need. It just irks me to think that someone can stoop so low.

I wish you all the best and hope life can return to normal soon.

You have my support 100%

Cheers

Michael
Finch

Postby Steffen on Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:12 pm

blacknstormy wrote:I'm pretty sure there is already mutual understanding between the two forums.

So, which one are we over here, The Judean People's Front or the People's Front of Judea? :roll:

Seriously, I'm not happy with this splitting at all. I'm having a hard time keeping up with a high activity forum like DSLRusers as it is, and following another one, made up of largely the same people and revolving around the same subject matter just doesn't make sense to me. I wish this split had never happened. I don't think it is benefitting anyone.
:cry:

Cheers
Steffen.
lust for comfort suffocates the soul
Steffen

Postby ozczecho on Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:15 pm

Steffen wrote:
<snip>

Seriously, I'm not happy with this splitting at all. I'm having a hard time keeping up with a high activity forum like DSLRusers as it is, and following another one, made up of largely the same people and revolving around the same subject matter just doesn't make sense to me. I wish this split had never happened. I don't think it is benefitting anyone.
:cry:

Cheers
Steffen.

...and I thought I was alone in this forest... :shock: :shock:
ozczecho

Postby macka on Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:26 pm

Steffen wrote:So, which one are we over here, The Judean People's Front or the People's Front of Judea? :roll:

:lol: :lol:
Cheers,

macka
a.k.a. Kris
macka

Postby rookie2 on Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:10 am

steffen wrote
I'm having a hard time keeping up with a high activity forum like DSLRusers as it is, and following another one, made up of largely the same people and revolving around the same subject matter just doesn't make sense to me.

..even more so for those of us on bloody slow dial ups!!

no matter what, Thanh has my full support on any forum

whereas the spineless Trading Post culprit can go and get their jollies elsewhere..surely there are other forums more akin to your childlike demeanour...BigBrother.com sounds more like your sort of territory

hang in there Thanh!!:wink:

rookie2
rookie2

Postby Link on Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:32 am

I agree. Some new ideas might pop up, but I'm afraid none of the two forums is going to reach the "density" of the pre-July dslrusers forum - unless one absorbs the other's membership. Time will tell.

Link.
Link

Postby Oneputt on Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:51 am

It does not have to be a member from this forum. It could be a competitor, which seems most likely as they would be the ones who might stand to gain. Even a visitor to this forum could be the perpetrator.
"The good thing about meditation is that it makes doing nothing respectable"

D3 - http://www.oneputtphotographics.com
Oneputt

Postby Glen on Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:55 am

Sage words John :D
Glen

Postby Manta on Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:02 am

Link wrote:

I agree. Some new ideas might pop up, but I'm afraid none of the two forums is going to reach the "density" of the pre-July dslrusers forum - unless one absorbs the other's membership. Time will tell.

Link.

Another point that needs to be made is that there are many members here who are also active participants in several other photographic forums (DPReview, Nikonians, Passion For Pixels, Shutterstock, etc). Yes there has been some sledging from certain people and some serious pot-stirring but the greater membership of DigitalSLR are there for exactly the same reasons as one would join any other forum. Are they villified for their other memberships??? Are they seen as turncoats? There are a few subtle differences between all the forums and it is these points of differentiation that members are taking advantage of. Who can blame them for that?

I see it not as a case of them and us but rather a case of 'we'. (That sounds terrible - visions of the local liquor barn - but you get my point!)
Simon
D300 l MB-D10 l D70 l SB-800 l 70-200 VR l TC 17-E l 18-70 f3.5-4.5 l 70-300 f4-5.6 l 50 f1.4 l 90 Macro f2.8 l 12-24 f4
http://www.redbubble.com/people/manta
Manta
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year

Postby ABG on Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:07 am

What a loser! This is very disappointing to hear. I sincerely hope this lowlife is bought to justice.
Andrew
ABG

Postby JordanP on Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:14 am

Hi Simon,

your point that one can be a member of many forums is a good one.

Manta wrote:Are they villified for their other memberships??? Are they seen as turncoats? There are a few subtle differences between all the forums and it is these points of differentiation that members are taking advantage of. Who can blame them for that?

Certainly not. And I don't see that being suggested. That doesn't mean some people may not have just prefered one forum.

Cheers,
Craig
JordanP

Postby MHD on Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:17 am

Keep it to topic...
New page
http://www.potofgrass.com
Portfolio...
http://images.potofgrass.com
Comments and money always welcome
MHD

Postby birddog114 on Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:50 am

Scott,
Pls. let add my last comment, and hope no one here will continue debating or talk more about the two forums:

I don’t think there’re many differences in both forums when we talk about the main interests and the goal of our passion in photography.

There were some differences in each personal’s PoV by incident or accident, and those are just for each of us, we might have to put our difference behind the door, keep moving on with the current flow and bringing the happiness to our life, our family and friends.

The two forums same as other photography forums already existed on the net will bring you all the funs and benefits from all angles regardless where they are or what’s their policy. The decision is yours.

I don’t see the disadvantage of becoming member on number of difference forum as I did with DPR, Nikonian.org, and Overlander etc….

These are the places for all to come, join and share their knowledge, experience, friendship, not political talk nor flaming or bashing each other, or try to abuse other by other means, so please keep the spirit high up on both sites.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby Greg B on Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:22 am

Thank you all for your comments.

I think we have covered this pretty well now, and Thanh's final post in the thread seems like a good place to wind things up.

Let's hope that the cause of this trouble is brought to account

I am locking this thread now and moving it to the General discussion area.
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Previous

Return to General Discussion