Warning to our valued members..

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Warning to our valued members..

Postby Geoff on Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:45 am

Hello all,
I recently (October 14) won a CF 512mb Ultra II sandisk card on ebay auction. Money was paid into the seller's account via electronic transfer, I have waited since then for the item to arrive. Firstly after 1 week I contacted the seller who was VERY slow to respond to emails, I then managed to get his contact number..he asked me to wait for the mail, as he said it was getting closer to Christmas and the mail system was getting busier..I waited another week, nothing..several phone calls later I have requested he re-deposit my money back into my account ($83.00), he said he'd do this last week, it's now Tuesday - no money in my account, no card. I have rung him this morning and assertively told him that my patience is running out and I would very much appreciate him putting the money into my account THIS morning..he said 'yes ok, bye bye' and promptly hung up. This is a very accurate story of what has happened, now I sit and wait. His seller name on ebay is ''Digitalization'' . If you are buying anything on ebay through this seller, may this be a warning...I hope I see my money (or the card) but I have my doubts, this has been my only ebay story ever, in almost 3 years of trading.

Geoff.
Geoff

Re: Warning to our valued members..

Postby W00DY on Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:47 am

Geoff wrote:Hello all,
I recently (October 14) won a CF 512mb Ultra II sandisk card on ebay auction. Money was paid into the seller's account via electronic transfer, I have waited since then for the item to arrive. Firstly after 1 week I contacted the seller who was VERY slow to respond to emails, I then managed to get his contact number..he asked me to wait for the mail, as he said it was getting closer to Christmas and the mail system was getting busier..I waited another week, nothing..several phone calls later I have requested he re-deposit my money back into my account ($83.00), he said he'd do this last week, it's now Tuesday - no money in my account, no card. I have rung him this morning and assertively told him that my patience is running out and I would very much appreciate him putting the money into my account THIS morning..he said 'yes ok, bye bye' and promptly hung up. This is a very accurate story of what has happened, now I sit and wait. His seller name on ebay is ''Digitalization'' . If you are buying anything on ebay through this seller, may this be a warning...I hope I see my money (or the card) but I have my doubts, this has been my only ebay story ever, in almost 3 years of trading.

Geoff.

Geoff,

I hope you get your money back, or the card....

I use E-Bay quite a bit and have been lucky not to have had any issues.

Good luck and thanks for the warning.

W00DY
Andrew
Nikon D3 and lot's of Nikon stuff!!
W00DY

Postby birddog114 on Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:06 am

Geoff,
Sorry to hear your story. I did use eBay while ago for some of my military collectibles and got ripped off so many times, not a big deal, less than US$50.00 for each deal. Since then I'm not interesting in eBay anymore, tried to contact Paypal ond other authorities but nothing we can do.

Once again, lot of eBay traders (I'm not saying all) tried to lure customer in their trap by advestising a very cheap price and knock it off, never send or refund monies.

Just a note for you, a 512Mb Sandisk Ultra II is $83.00 IMHO is not a cheap deal in comparison with 1Gb 45x Ultra High Performance CF card for $150.00 with 5 years local warranty.

If you got that Sandisk card, I believe it's a grey import, there's also no Sandisk local warranty come with it, something goes wrong down the track you've to send it back to your supplier and guess: how long will you have the card back? cos the card from o/s stock and they have to send it back to their original disti.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Hmmm yeah

Postby Geoff on Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:13 am

Thanks Birdy...I guess you're right and you have a wealth of experience more than me, if I get this money back I will look into the 1gig card for $150 definately...thanks for your kind words. Have an excellent Tuesday..I am now off to sleep as I've just finished a 12 hour night shift! Night night :)

Geoff.
Geoff

Postby Mundi on Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:18 am

Good luck with getting the card/money and thanks for the warning.
Mundi

Postby Mundi on Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:18 am

Good luck with getting the card/money and thanks for the warning.
Mundi

Postby Flyer on Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:11 pm

My workmate approached me today with story identical to Geoff's. :cry:
And guess who the seller was?
Yep, Digitalization.
Flyer

Postby birddog114 on Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:19 pm

Flyer wrote:My workmate approached me today with story identical to Geoff's. :cry:
And guess who the seller was?
Yep, Digitalization.

Now we all go after them, BBJ in SA needs some baits to feed the sharks :shock:
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby tsanglabs on Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:59 pm

This is somthing I always worry about, which is why I rarely by via ebay. Sorry to hear about your problems, I hope you get your money back.
tsanglabs

Still nothing

Postby Geoff on Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:13 pm

It's been more than 2 months now, and still nothing. THe funny thing is I know exactly where the guy lives, but yeah, that would be wrong to go around to his place. It makes me SOOO mad tho!

Geoff.
Geoff

Re: Still nothing

Postby genji on Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:05 pm

Geoff wrote:It's been more than 2 months now, and still nothing. THe funny thing is I know exactly where the guy lives, but yeah, that would be wrong to go around to his place. It makes me SOOO mad tho!

Geoff.

didi u get your money back or instead your mechandise??
genji

Postby Marty on Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:21 pm

Hey Geoff,
there is an area on ebay where you can report the trader and ebay will contact him. If they get 3 reports I think they are no longer allowed to trade.
Its under Sevices and Dispute Resolution from memory.
You can also file a complaint which is in the same area.
Good luck
Marty
What does that button do....??
Marty

Return to Trader Opinions