80-400VR aftermarket tripod collar

Those nice to know things about your DSLR will be found here. How to do this, and why you probably should not do that.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

80-400VR aftermarket tripod collar

Postby marcotrov on Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:29 pm

A bit of advice on whether to spend the considerable amount of money for the RRS tripod collar for the 80-400VR. I'm always having to be very careful to avoid vibration as the original collar is not the best construction. Opinions and has anyone got the tripod collar for the 80-400VR. Are there other options?
cheers
marco
marcotrov

Re: 80-400VR aftermarket tripod collar

Postby birddog114 on Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:38 pm

marcotrov wrote:A bit of advice on whether to spend the considerable amount of money for the RRS tripod collar for the 80-400VR. I'm always having to be very careful to avoid vibration as the original collar is not the best construction. Opinions and has anyone got the tripod collar for the 80-400VR. Are there other options?
cheers
marco

No, only RRS make them, it's costly but it's worth.
I have one btw. But you have to use it with A-S system, then you'll appreciate it.
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby marcotrov on Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:44 pm

Thanks Birddog I made a mistake its Kirk Industries that sell the collar. When I'm saving for my new camera it's a hard decision. What is the price Birdy?
By the way Birddog just received my manfrotto from Quantas today. It certainly is no Benro but still a very tidy little unit. :)
cheers
marco
marcotrov

Postby birddog114 on Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:46 pm

marcotrov wrote:Thanks Birddog I made a mistake its Kirk Industries that sell the collar. When I'm saving for my new camera it's a hard decision. What is the price Birdy?
By the way Birddog just received my manfrotto from Quantas today. It certainly is no Benro but still a very tidy little unit. :)
cheers
marco

Price for the LC-A11 is US$190.00 + shipping.
Enjoy your new Manfrotto tripod!
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Return to Tips and tricks