Adobe RAW 3.1

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Adobe RAW 3.1

Postby sirhc55 on Sun May 15, 2005 10:19 pm

Trying out an evaluation version of PSCS2 and loaded the new camera RAW 3.1 - wow - this is an amazing improvement on the previous version.

As soon as I have used a bit more will post my impressions.
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby christiand on Sun May 15, 2005 10:26 pm

Hi Chris,

let us know all about it, please.

Regards
CD
christiand

Postby sirhc55 on Mon May 16, 2005 10:51 am

A very brief play around in CS2 but the interesting new addition is the ACR3.1.

ACR3.1 (on Mac) - a couple of new additions are quite useful. You can preview both highlight and shadow clipping.

Along with the original WB dropper they have added a colour sampler dropper and straightening tool.

When you open a NEF in ACR3.1 the adjust section now automatically sets: exposure, shadows, brightness and contrast - there is a manual override but the auto is fairly good.

A great new addition is the tone curve where you can set the curve to linear, medium and strong - with the option to adjust the curve yourself - very handy.

The only thing I can say at the moment re CS2 is that Bridge is a dog - but I might be able to fine tune it later.
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Return to Information