70-200 VR on Ebay

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

70-200 VR on Ebay

Postby johndec on Fri May 13, 2005 12:19 pm

These beasties seem to be as rare as hens teeth ATM, even Birdy is having supply problems :shock: So if you've just got to have one:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 02431&rd=1

Careful though, zero feedback seller :!:
If I'm alone in a forest and my wife is not around to hear what I say, am I still wrong ??
johndec

Postby MHD on Fri May 13, 2005 12:23 pm

used for $2200

Hmmm
New page
http://www.potofgrass.com
Portfolio...
http://images.potofgrass.com
Comments and money always welcome
MHD

Postby kipper on Fri May 13, 2005 1:11 pm

Remember MHD, brand new from Vanbar it's about $3000+

Just checked $3190.
Darryl (aka Kipper)
Nikon D200
kipper

Postby Oneputt on Fri May 13, 2005 2:46 pm

I wouldn't be buying this one unless I could arrange a physical handover.
Oneputt

Postby timbo on Fri May 13, 2005 4:50 pm

I agree with oneputt. Zero feedback and you're taking a big gamble, unless you can pay as you pick it up. Beware!
timbo

Postby kipper on Fri May 13, 2005 6:05 pm

Well I was a zero feedback user at one stage. I traded with one member from here, and some guy in Sydney some lenses. They all got their lenses, and were all happy about it.

You could possibly protect yourself to some extent by asking the guy to take photos of the front and rear glass, and to also take some of the body from every angle. Also tell him not to reduce the size of the images, and to keep them around 1500x1000 so that you can inspect it for scratches, and dents. Then when sending it ask for COD with insurance only. That way you will get the goods, if it doesn't work properly....claim it.
Darryl (aka Kipper)
Nikon D200
kipper

Postby MCWB on Fri May 13, 2005 6:17 pm

Kipper: the only problem with that is that many people, including myself, will refuse to send anything COD. The whole process is just such a massive PITA (from a seller's point of view) that is best avoided.
MCWB

Postby kipper on Fri May 13, 2005 6:21 pm

Oh no, you have to fill out a one page form. What's the big deal. Takes all of 5minutes of your time. If you really want to sell something then you'll do it. It's my prefered way of sending and recieving things. When sending, gives the end person peace of mind that they will actually get the goods. When recieving, gives me the peace of mind knowing that I will atleast get the goods.
Darryl (aka Kipper)
Nikon D200
kipper

Postby MCWB on Fri May 13, 2005 6:37 pm

I suppose it's not that big a deal. :)

It does take ages to get your money though, and when you do, you have to physically go to the P.O. again and cash it. If the buyer decides they don't want the item in the meantime they can simply reject the package and you have to pay all the postage and COD fees. It's much better from my point of view to have someone deposit the money into my bank account, I see it's there in 2 days time, I send the item Registered or Express post. Buyer receives a couple of days later, all done and complete, with a minimum of farting around. :)

If I really want to sell something it will get sold, and payment will be via direct deposit. ;)
MCWB

Postby kipper on Fri May 13, 2005 7:09 pm

Yeah but I'm always wary about buying things where I have to pay up front then rely ont hem being honest.
Darryl (aka Kipper)
Nikon D200
kipper

Return to Information