old newbie

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

old newbie

Postby Onyx on Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:37 pm

Hi guys, I'm new here. :P

I haven't picked up a camera in yonks, but at some stage in recent past I realised that August was the anniversary month of D70users/DSLRusers, so happy anniversary folks (how many years has it been?).

Hello to all those who remember me, and hi to the newbies too. I do hope I remember to stick around. :)

Chi
Onyx

Re: old newbie

Postby Alpha_7 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:11 pm

Hey Chi, you haven't been forgotten, but it has been a long time between drinks. :cheers:

Welcome back to the forums, hope you remember to come back again too! :up:
Alpha_7

Postby surenj on Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:49 pm

Hey Chi, welcome back!

Do come and join us for a regular sunrise hunt which is becoming a regular activity on a chilly Saturday morning...usually starting around 05:30.... :wink: Next location will be announced soon....
surenj

Postby biggerry on Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:11 pm

G'day Chi, we have met, awhile ago when I first joined, so welcome back...and don't stray too far.. :cough:

surenj wrote:... Next location will be announced soon....

not by me it seems :cry: but will be there...probably this weekend
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Postby aim54x on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:46 pm

Welcome back Chi.....

Good to hear from you again!
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby Onyx on Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:12 am

Hi folks, I've since spent some time lurking and catching up on stuff - these forums and photography in general. I think it may have ignited my passion again. Or at least fueled my Nikon Acquisition Syndrome (is that what the kids are still calling it these days?)

Why couldn't it be sunsets instead?! ;) Sunrise is the coldest part of the day, and I am not a morning person... but I could be convinced to come join you guys in the near future.
Onyx

Postby surenj on Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:09 pm

Onyx wrote:Why couldn't it be sunsets instead?!

Because it's great to wake up early and already taken a few shots before having breakfast... :wink: It doensn't intrude too much in to your day otherwise.

Do you have any great locations in mind for the sunsets?? It's harder to find good locations for sunset in Sydney.

Onyx wrote:I am not a morning person

Nor I am. :mrgreen:
surenj

Postby Onyx on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:47 pm

surenj wrote:Do you have any great locations in mind for the sunsets?? It's harder to find good locations for sunset in Sydney.

Yeah when I think about it... sunsets means west facing, and for Sydneysiders that means blue mountains as the backdrop (most probably).

Watson's Bay looking back at the city skyline comes to mind, or north head looking back at the north shore. Perhaps the national parks - Ku-ring-gai at Bobbing Head or Akuna Bay, or Berowra Waters. In fact, Wiseman's Ferry Road, quite a fair distance away from almost everyone here I'm sure - runs alongside the Hawkesbury River past Wiseman's Ferry on the central coast side, it is absolutely gorgeous like straight from a romantic movie picturesque. With the added bonus of it being a great drive for car enthusiasts.
Onyx

Postby Geoff on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Welcome home Chi. A shoot in the near future would be great.
We could all go to WA for a sunset shoot perhaps? :)
Geoff
Special Moments Photography
Nikon D700, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200 2.8VR, SB800 & some simple studio stuff.
Geoff

Postby aim54x on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:57 pm

Onyx wrote:
surenj wrote:Do you have any great locations in mind for the sunsets?? It's harder to find good locations for sunset in Sydney.

Yeah when I think about it... sunsets means west facing, and for Sydneysiders that means blue mountains as the backdrop (most probably).

Watson's Bay looking back at the city skyline comes to mind, or north head looking back at the north shore. Perhaps the national parks - Ku-ring-gai at Bobbing Head or Akuna Bay, or Berowra Waters. In fact, Wiseman's Ferry Road, quite a fair distance away from almost everyone here I'm sure - runs alongside the Hawkesbury River past Wiseman's Ferry on the central coast side, it is absolutely gorgeous like straight from a romantic movie picturesque. With the added bonus of it being a great drive for car enthusiasts.

America Bay in Ku Ring Gai is nice...I managed to do that one a little while back look here for my shots...nothing that impressive I have to admit, but I want to have another go at it.
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby Onyx on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:49 am

Hi Geoff, I should be welcoming you back home - judging from your facebook posts, you recently spent some time over in UK/Europe?! :)
Onyx

Postby Geoff on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:54 am

Correct Chi!
I was away in Europe/UK for 8 weeks.
Geoff
Special Moments Photography
Nikon D700, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200 2.8VR, SB800 & some simple studio stuff.
Geoff

Return to Information