AF Fine Tuning

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

AF Fine Tuning

Postby marcotrov on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:19 pm

Thought members, certainly those going through fine tuning as i am with my D300, would find this interesting and informative.
The technique seems to avoid some of the inherent problems with the test charts to be shot at an angle a la Moose peterson. Anyhow the thread is well worth a read in my opinion. Anyhow for what its worth here is the link. :)
http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4708
Hope it hasn't been canvassed before if so accept my humble apologies. Whilst it is a canon 1D Mark 111 users forum there is a guy with a D3 who used the method and found it works. D3 - D300 :roll:
cheers
marco
marcotrov

Return to Information