BGLOD appears then disappears - what do I do?

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

BGLOD appears then disappears - what do I do?

Postby Frankenstein on Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:26 pm

I was playing with my D70 this morning when it suddenly froze, with the dreaded blinking green light (up till now I avoided the BGLOD thread, but now I'm very familiar with it :cry: ). After much cursing, pressing buttons, cursing, removing and replacing battery, and some more cursing for good measure, I left the camera in disgust and went about destroying things around the house.

About an hour later I came back to the camera, and now it appears to be fine (although the date and time had to be reset). Now, my problem is this - I've booked a photographic workshop weekend in the 2nd week of May. Do I take a chance - assuming the camera keeps behaving properly - and do nothing, or should I take this as a warning and get it to Maxwells ASAP in the hope that any impending disaster can be avoided before the workshop? I can probably get it to them on Tuesday (2 days time) but will THEY get it back to me before mid May?

Frank
(more cursing pending)
My photo gallery: http://www.frankalvaro.net
>>>> Nikon D300...Nikon 18-200 VR...Sigma 10-20...Tamron 90mm macro <<<<
"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about. " Peter Griffin
Frankenstein

Postby Glen on Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:28 pm

Frank, I wouldn't trust it. Judging from recent posts there are spare parts in also at the moment. I would be in first thing Monday and asking about spares as everyone knows what the problem is
Glen

Postby LOZ on Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:34 pm

Frank if you get stuck without a camera give me a PM you are welcome to have a lend of mine LOZ
LOZ

Postby fozzie on Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:49 pm

Frank - here is a thread of previous members with the dreaded 'BGLOG':

http://www.dslrusers.net/viewtopic.php?t=8349

Providing they still have spare parts in stock you are most probably looking at a 3-4 week turnaround period. I live in Adelaide it was 37 days. Received in back last Friday and working a treat. Sincerely hope that you have the same success.
fozzie

When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.
fozzie
Key Member

Postby Frankenstein on Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:58 pm

LOZ wrote:Frank if you get stuck without a camera give me a PM you are welcome to have a lend of mine LOZ

Thanks Loz - that's very generous (gee I love this community!)... let's see what happens. I think I'll ring Maxwell's first thing tomorrow and see what they can do for me.

Frank
My photo gallery: http://www.frankalvaro.net
>>>> Nikon D300...Nikon 18-200 VR...Sigma 10-20...Tamron 90mm macro <<<<
"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about. " Peter Griffin
Frankenstein

Return to Information