Please help me decide

This section is for members who wish to post notifications of updates to their personal galleries. Please note that as the initial you may <b>only</b> include a link to your gallery - you may not, and you must not, include any images. That is where the fun begins: other members may then click on your link, and if they particularly like an image from your gallery, then <b>they</b> may post the link to your image, from your gallery, along with reasons as to why they like the image. <i>Image critiquing is NOT permitted in this section, and images posted within this section are not considered for PotW. Posts made in this section will be excluded from the "Recent Posts" section on the front page, which means that you will need to actively seek posts here. This section will also prune itself, with stale topics being removed 14 days after the most recent post being made.<i>

Moderator: Moderators

Please help me decide

Postby ATJ on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:14 am

Assuming that the DSLRUsers Exhibition is images taken in 2009 I have a gallery of all my shots from 2009 which I have put on Red Bubble: http://www.redbubble.com/people/andrewt ... 009?page=1 (there are 7 pages of them in no particular order, although it is sort of reverse order of when they were taken).

I'm not very good at choosing what other people like (my tastes seem to be quite different from others) and I was hoping that people might be able to look at these images and recommend what I could have printed up nice and large for the exhibition.

Thanks.
ATJ

Re: Please help me decide

Postby surenj on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:27 am

I suggest Transverse ladybird or Red Brick Sea Star. I prefer the red brick.

Good luck choosing.
surenj

Postby ATJ on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:45 am

Thanks Suren.

surenj wrote:I suggest Transverse ladybird or Red Brick Sea Star. I prefer the red brick.

The red brick macro, or the entire animal?
ATJ

Postby craig.rohse on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:52 pm

ATJ wrote:Thanks Suren.

surenj wrote:I suggest Transverse ladybird or Red Brick Sea Star. I prefer the red brick.

I would go with the Macro it is fantastic. :up: :up:
"Old school" (Olympus OM 1&2SP )
craig.rohse

Postby Killakoala on Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:41 pm

http://www.redbubble.com/people/andrewt ... e-ladybird

Not only is this image one that is familiar to most but it is lovely too. This is my pick of your pics. However that said, I do enjoy your images of Nudibranches.
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby biggerry on Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:58 pm

great to see you thinking ahead already Andrew!

as you would be aware there are a number of factors for choosing a image for a relatively large print and to hung on a wall, I find simple compositions and bold colours look the best (from my POV anyway), based on that...my selections are:

*Orange Spider Wasp - love that orange
*Stingless Bee - I love the delicate colours in this frame, however its a gamble for printing since any variation in these colours could make the image go pear shaped, nontheless it still makes my list.
*Red Brick Sea Star Macro - another gamble here also, if the red does not come out right its going to be nasty, but it is such a nice wall hanging image imo.
*Transverse Ladybird - classic...

dammit, i saw another one - Bronze Aussie Jumping Spider, that one could well be the winner...great eye contact...
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Postby surenj on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:00 pm

ATJ wrote:Thanks Suren.

No probs Andrew. Red brick Macro. I assume that red can be replicated on canvas accurately.
surenj

Postby ATJ on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:28 am

Suren, Craig, Steve and Gerry, thanks for taking the time to look through the images and provide your preferences. It is much appreciated.

Looks like there are 3 votes for the ladybird and 3 for the red brick sea star macro. I like both, and while I'd prefer to go with an underwater shot, it might be safer going with the ladybird. I'd be happy to hang either of these in my house (which is what's most likely to happen after the exhibition).
ATJ

Postby amashun1 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:37 am

G'day Andrew,

i also vote for the red brick sea star macro. that is pretty much like you said, your signature underwater shot and macro IMO.

Cheers,
Adrian
Cheers,
Adrian

Nikon user
amashun1

Return to Gallery Updates