One Week - 2800km's - The Sheepie's on the Road

This section is for members who wish to post notifications of updates to their personal galleries. Please note that as the initial you may <b>only</b> include a link to your gallery - you may not, and you must not, include any images. That is where the fun begins: other members may then click on your link, and if they particularly like an image from your gallery, then <b>they</b> may post the link to your image, from your gallery, along with reasons as to why they like the image. <i>Image critiquing is NOT permitted in this section, and images posted within this section are not considered for PotW. Posts made in this section will be excluded from the "Recent Posts" section on the front page, which means that you will need to actively seek posts here. This section will also prune itself, with stale topics being removed 14 days after the most recent post being made.<i>

Moderator: Moderators

One Week - 2800km's - The Sheepie's on the Road

Postby sheepie on Sat May 03, 2008 11:15 pm

As I posted in my sunrise thread (http://www.dslrusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=32219), I took Little Sheepie for a 'bit of a drive' in the second week of the school holidays. Covered 2800km in 7 days, mostly towing the camper trailer.

Newcastle - Narrabri - Lightning Ridge - St George - Coonabarabran - Sydney

Gallery here : http://photos.sheepienet.com/gallery/4849448_PVPVE/1

I'll be updating as I get through more PP.

Comments appreciated :)
*** When getting there is half the fun! ***
sheepie
Key Member

Location: Picnic Point, Sydney Australia *** Nikon D200/D70 ***

Re: One Week - 2800km's - The Sheepie's on the Road

Postby Geoff on Sun May 04, 2008 12:37 am

Great gallery Sheepie!

U have some amazing rustic Australian images in that bunch...I hope to have a son/daughter that is equally passionate aboute photography as I am one day, looks like mini-sheepie shares your passion.

Thanks for sharing.
Geoff
Special Moments Photography
Nikon D700, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200 2.8VR, SB800 & some simple studio stuff.
Geoff

Postby Glen on Sun May 04, 2008 2:50 pm

Leon, that is a wonderful gallery with some great aussie images. Beautiful memories.
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby stubbsy on Sun May 04, 2008 6:13 pm

Leon

There are some great pics there. The first one below is a real standout to me with the white fluffy cotton(?) leading the eye to the white fluffy clouds. I do think though it's a little flat and could benefit from some more PP. The second one I've embedded below is a great shot of your (surprisingly clean looking) car, but again seems to lack punch (maybe some curves adjustment needed). Finally the last one below is spot on PP wise - sharp, great colour and tones.

Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby zafra52 on Sun May 04, 2008 9:57 pm

There are very nice sunsets in your collection. I love the one with the 4 wheel drive with those magnificent clouds and the almost abtract one with the grass. I hope you enjoyed the travelling.
zafra52

Postby Big Red on Fri May 09, 2008 4:25 pm

great shots Sheepie, i really enjoyed the slideshow 8)
Big Red

Postby radar on Fri May 09, 2008 4:45 pm

Leon,

great photos in your gallery. As usual, your enthusiasm does not get daunted by the large distances you cover on these trips. Well done and thanks for sharing.

Question on the panos, were they cropped from a single photos or did you stitch them together?

Cheers,

André
Photography, as a powerful medium of expression and communications, offers an infinite variety of perception, interpretation and execution. Ansel Adams

(misc Nikon stuff)
radar

Postby colin_12 on Sat May 10, 2008 12:44 am

That looks to have been a good trip Sheepie. Great to see you have a youngin that will come out and enjoy a road trip.
Regards Colin
Regards Colin
Cameras, lenses and a lust for life
colin_12

Postby sheepie on Sun May 11, 2008 5:35 pm

Thanks guys - nice to get some good feedback :) Stubbsy - I'll have to have another go at these, am still having some problems with calibration me thinks :(

radar wrote:...As usual, your enthusiasm does not get daunted by the large distances you cover on these trips. Well done and thanks for sharing.
Question on the panos, were they cropped from a single photos or did you stitch them together?

Yes, I love our trips - and the distance is part of the attraction (although it's a pity it takes so long to get away from Sydney!). I get a real buzz when we get to the point of being able to look around 360degrees and see no hills! A dead-flat horizon is so foreign to me ;)

The pano's here were all from crops - I took a couple of series to join on this trip, but haven't got onto them yet.
*** When getting there is half the fun! ***
sheepie
Key Member

Location: Picnic Point, Sydney Australia *** Nikon D200/D70 ***

Return to Gallery Updates