Photo Journey- USA Roadtrip.

What is your personal photographic journey? In a photographic sense, how did you start, and with what equipment? How have you progressed, and where are you, and your photographic skillset, placed today?

This is a place where members may share their personal photographic journey. Some of our normal posting rules are suspended within this section. To illustrate you story, for instance, you may post more than the normal 4 or so images. In fact, we actively encourage you to share with us images that illustrate how your photography has changed since you started. So readers with slower connections please be warned that postings made within this section may be - will be - larger than the norm.

Moderator: Moderators

Photo Journey- USA Roadtrip.

Postby Raskill on Sat May 21, 2011 7:21 pm

Well, my road trip to the US is all over bar the shouting (from my credit card company).

Awesome time, utterly great. The people in the US were so friendly and polite, really not what we are led to think of them by the media.

Anyways, here are a few images from the trip.

The rental.... a 2011 Camaro convertible. Did 127 miles an hour very nicely through the long desert roads :)

View of the light and fountain show from the room in the Bellagio. Vegas must be done in style. It is unlike anywhere you will ever visit.

My hiking boots. They have been in many seas, nearly every ocean, in many of the worlds great rivers and still are going strong. It's become a habit that they must get submerged in important water ways. :)

Binoculars on Jacksonville Pier, Florida.

Abandoned shed, French Quarter, New Orleans.

Whilst on the subject of New Orleans, Bourbon Street was just like a big version of Kings Cross (with better music). If you are going, try Frenchman St instead, better music, and less drunken twits.

St Pauls Chapel, New York. Literally across the road from the WTC. Awesome history to the place.

For the lady in your life (especially if you are on the trip with a mate, rather than her.....)

When in Arizona, do as the Arizonians do (?)... Friends took us pistol and assault riflr shooting on their ranch. Awesome fun!!!

Hoover dam was awesome. Exceptionally big, and an engineers wet dream (or nightmare). You have to see the scale of the facility to belief it.

Times Square, about 01:00 on a Tuesday Morning. Incredible atmosphere, it honestly gave me a feeling of awe I have not felt since I was a child. It's like being in a giant pin ball machine.

Anyways, that'll do just now. The rest of the images can be found here
2x D700, 2x D2h, lenses, speedlights, studio, pelican cases, tripods, monopods, patridges, pear trees etc etc

http://www.awbphotos.com.au
Raskill

Re: Photo Journey- USA Roadtrip.

Postby colin_12 on Sun May 22, 2011 11:11 am

You are having to much fun by the looks of it.
Nice set :cheers:
Regards Colin
Cameras, lenses and a lust for life
colin_12

Postby aim54x on Sun May 22, 2011 10:30 pm

Looks like a lot of fun was had during the course of that trip. That view of Hoover really does give you an idea of its immense size
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby biggerry on Thu May 26, 2011 9:01 pm

Raskill wrote:
Hoover dam was awesome. Exceptionally big, and an engineers wet dream (or nightmare). You have to see the scale of the facility to belief it.

nice shot, that dam is amazing, i remember hearing about all the issues they had with that - wasn't there some dude who got buried in the concrete or something there? Apparently the sheer amount of concrete poured at each time created problems with the blocks overheating and cracking as they cured - crazy stuff, nightmare for sure...
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Postby surenj on Sun May 29, 2011 12:01 pm

Looks like you are having a great time!
surenj

Return to Personal Photographic Journeys