Tips and tricks

Have your say on issues related to using a DSLR camera.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Tips and tricks

Postby ozimax on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:24 pm

I wonder if this thread might be handy? Here's a few tips I have found over the years. (Matt gave a good one today concerning photographing the whites of the eyes, here: http://dslrusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=44630&start=457592#p457592

Here's a few post processing tips:

Photoshop CC: With a jpg open, hit Shift-Command-A and the image opens in Camera Raw. The image DOESN'T have to have been shot in raw, which is useful for us Fuji jpg shooters.

Photoshop CC: To smooth skin under the eyes, use the clone tool, mode "lighten", opacity 43%, soft brush. Select an area near the eye and brush over the skin. Don't overdo it. (Credit to Matt Kloskowski)

Photoshop CC: To easily whiten teeth, duplicate layer, select teeth approximately (it doesn't matter if you catch some lip in your selection as there's no yellow in the lips). Command-U brings up the Hue/Saturation box. Select "yellow" and lower the saturation until teeth whiten. Voila.

Please feel free to add hints and tips.
President, A.A.A.A.A (Australian Association Against Acronym Abuse)
Canon EOS R6, RF 24-105 F4, RF 70-200 F4, RF 35mm F1.8, RF 16mm F2.8
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)
ozimax

Re: Tips and tricks

Postby zafra52 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:48 pm

Good tricks, I must try them.
zafra52

Return to General Discussion