Show us your workdesk...

Have your say on issues related to using a DSLR camera.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Re: Show us your workdesk...

Postby Murray Foote on Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:54 pm

Here's mine:

Just a touch different from Greg Darcy's environment. Mind you, it may not stay as tidy as this. I just moved up from downstairs a few weeks ago, having first painted the walls grey.

Steffen's workspace in this thread is on the left monitor and that maybe gave me the idea to use the fisheye which I've corrected back to roughly rectilinear. I combined three images for the tonal range - I also tried HDR for the first time but it didn't work as well as doing it manually.

22" CRT and 26" LCD NEC monitors; XRite Pulse devices under the white cloth; APC for blackout and surge protection; portable backup hard drive hidden under one of the monitors; printers and scanner in the wardrobe; daylight fluoro in the desk lamp for primitive print evaluation (I usually have the overhead light off and the curtain shut).

Regards,
Murray
Murray Foote

Postby Mon1018 on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:23 pm

I Love This Site
enjoy your stay! 8)
Mon1018

Postby _robbo_ on Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:18 am

new desk, as of yesterday :D
_robbo_

Postby Doctor on Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:21 am

This is how my desk sits post uni exams, an absolute mess, getting cleaned next week when i get the time

Life is all about ass, you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one
Doctor

Postby bwhinnen on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:26 am

And I thought my desk was messy at the moment!!! :D
bwhinnen

Postby Doctor on Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:34 am

bwhinnen wrote:And I thought my desk was messy at the moment!!! :D

Its certainly been worse than that, studying for exams leaves notes and text books everywhere, plus the usual business cards and stuff makes it worse!!
Life is all about ass, you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one
Doctor

Postby carla_d on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:25 am

it's more like a dining table than a workdesk.
actually, it IS a dining table... :?

carla_d

Postby methd on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:35 pm

My workdesk at home :)

http://www.lumensphotography.com
Nikon gear. D3x, D3s, D3 ... and lots of lenses.
methd

Postby kipper on Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:24 am

I so miss having a study with a proper workstation/desk in it, then having a fat lcd and desktop pc sitting on it. These laptops just don't feel the same! They're cool for taking photos around to the relatives especially those that live overseas but besides that they're a pain in the ass. Hmmmm.....I still have my leather workstation highback chair somehwere in storage. Will have to get it out one day! Think I'll go off to the Dell website and drool at some desktop pcs.

Darryl
Darryl (aka Kipper)
Nikon D200
kipper

Postby Doctor on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:44 pm

So, a small change on mine....

Still an absolute mess though, im rearranging the room so should be better soon......

Doctor

Postby BCains on Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:06 pm

Hi, i'm new to the board - thought i'd join in and post my setup aswell. :)
20" iMac 2.66GHz, also not in picture is a 15" Macbook Pro 1.83Ghz

Canon 350D Rebel XT - Flickr
Canon 50mm 1.8 II | Peleng 8mm Fisheye
Canon EF-S 18-55mm | Canon EF 75-300mm
20" iMac 2.66Ghz | 15" Macbook Pro 1.83Ghz
BCains

Postby Ben.bb on Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:46 pm

Go dual screen, you'll never turn back!
Canon Body's, Canon Glass, Lowepro Bags, Manfrotto & Gittos Poles = My Empty Bank Account
Ben.bb

Postby Doctor on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:25 pm

I could never go back to single screen now, love having two screens, considering another 32inch, or a 40 inch, to go with my other one.....
Doctor

Postby Ben.bb on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:33 pm

considering another 32inch, or a 40 inch, to go with my other one.....

Drool, im stuck with a 19 and a 17 tho it is quite nice
On the other hand dual 40"" would look very nice on my desk!
Canon Body's, Canon Glass, Lowepro Bags, Manfrotto & Gittos Poles = My Empty Bank Account
Ben.bb

Postby Doctor on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:28 am

Ben.bb wrote:

I think im going to struggle to get my xbox, as well as camera gear, a 40 and a 32 on my desk, especially considering the state it is generally in, but we'll see what happens
Doctor

Postby aim54x on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:25 am

I'll have to get a pic of my workdesk on here sometime soon. I only have a single 17" ACER coupled to my custom built Athlon X2 (939pin) system, add the Samsung colour laser multifunction and I have no room for anything else. BTW Doctor, was that an older Compaq laptop on your desk in the first picture?
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby trublubiker on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:32 pm

aim54x wrote:I'll have to get a pic of my workdesk on here sometime soon. I only have a single 17" ACER coupled to my custom built Athlon X2 (939pin) system, add the Samsung colour laser multifunction and I have no room for anything else. BTW Doctor, was that an older Compaq laptop on your desk in the first picture?

Touch of deja vu there Cameron.

I also have an Acer V771 17" CRT coupled to a self-built Athlon X2 socket 939 system with a mid range AGP card. It does everything I want it to so I keep resisting the urge to go the upgrade route. When I got my K20D from DCW last year, the guy who served me had recently left a professional photo processing mob who were still using, by choice, 21" Pro CRT monitors.

The only upgrade I still consider is the CPU which is a 3700+ San Diego core. I can go to a 4800 on my board. Where to get a good one that hasn't been overclocked to the max is the problem.

My only disappointment is the WinFast DTV1000 tuner card which has never really worked.

Cheers

Kevin
trublubiker

Postby aim54x on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:03 pm

trublubiker wrote:
aim54x wrote:I'll have to get a pic of my workdesk on here sometime soon. I only have a single 17" ACER coupled to my custom built Athlon X2 (939pin) system, add the Samsung colour laser multifunction and I have no room for anything else. BTW Doctor, was that an older Compaq laptop on your desk in the first picture?

Touch of deja vu there Cameron.

I also have an Acer V771 17" CRT coupled to a self-built Athlon X2 socket 939 system with a mid range AGP card

The only upgrade I still consider is the CPU which is a 3700+ San Diego core. I can go to a 4800 on my board. Where to get a good one that hasn't been overclocked to the max is the problem.

I have a 4200+ (not sure which core though) coupled with a Nvidia 6200 Turbocache GPU (mid range when I bought it) and 3gb of RAM. I was considering going to a 4800+ a little while back but I couldnt be bothered. Still soldiering on with one uncalibrated 17" LCD. I think I will go down the road of twin EIZO's with my next computer (not sure when I can afford it though).
Cameron
aim54x

Postby Doctor on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:26 pm

Yeah, it was, one i was using briefly as a ring in occasionally, dont use it now, stick solely to the Dekstop, just built a completely new computer for myself from scratch instead of sticking to my older and slowing desktop and buying a laptop. Why do you ask? :)
Doctor

Postby aim54x on Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:53 pm

My other computer, currently residing on my desk at the lab (I'm an honours student) is an old Compaq Presario M2045AP that is way past its use by date. Your laptop looks a lot like it.
Cameron
aim54x

Postby Doctor on Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:24 pm

Yeah, this one is dead now, not sure whats wrong with it, but its not being used by anyone anymore, they are well past their use by dates, part of the reason i built a new desktop, i wanted a laptop for uni and photography, but figured get one good computer instead of two average to crap ones
Doctor

Postby Ben.bb on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:03 pm

Doctor wrote:
Ben.bb wrote:

I think im going to struggle to get my xbox, as well as camera gear, a 40 and a 32 on my desk, especially considering the state it is generally in, but we'll see what happens

I can help you out their Doctor, feel free to send anything thats conciderd "excess" equipment or that doesnt fit on your desk my way and upu can borrow some of my desk anytime :D
Ben.bb

Postby kimmy81 on Sat May 09, 2009 3:37 am

Oh my, many of you seems to have two monitors! I better get one more.... :chook:
kimmy81

Postby chasem on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:32 pm

This is my desk at work wich is where i do most of my photo stuff aswell.
chasem

Postby grivai on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:06 pm

I'm up for winning the christmas decor competition at work, so now is as good a time as any to scoop a photo of it....will try and have one up tomorrow, and it's all for charity :-)
grivai

Postby 33eji on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:13 pm

_robbo_ wrote:new desk, as of yesterday :D

lol,what's wrong with your bed:]
33eji

Previous

Return to General Discussion