Australian Photoshop Price to be the same as the US

Tutorials, questions, demos, questionable images ,,,

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Australian Photoshop Price to be the same as the US

Postby Murray Foote on Wed May 08, 2013 5:35 am

Only catch is that it will double what we have been paying.

CS6 was the last stand alone Photoshop. Previously, Photoshop incremented every 18 months and last time cost around $200 to upgrade or about $10 per month, less if you skip a version. Now you can only get Photoshop CC and get sucked up and sucked in by the Creative cloud. Initially that is $10 per month as an upgrade if you're quick, otherwise and after that $20 per month, at least twice what we're paying now.

So the good news is that Adobe has been listening to what we have been saying and we'll now pay no more than those in the US. As well as that we get a special opportunity to support the struggling US economy by paying twice as much.

Mass boycott coming on?
Murray Foote

Re: Australian Photoshop Price to be the same as the US

Postby Matt. K on Wed May 08, 2013 4:23 pm

Corporate greed knows no bounds. Some companies get so arrogant they think their customers and clients are knuckled-headed fools. I can easily do everything I need to do to my images with Photoshop version 7...way back then. I have made a mental note that Adobe will never get 1 more cent out of me. They have bloated their software to a degree where they can no longer add non essential gimmicks, bells and whistles, so they are going down this road in the hope that the unthinking masses will climb aboard and open their wallets....and keep those wallets open so that Adobe can dip in every 4 weeks and grab a handful of cash.
Watch this one fail.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby Murray Foote on Wed May 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Also, there seem to be no significant enhancements at this stage and no reason to upgrade for the next six months, so the discounted initial price is just a con. The operative change is double the price, or more than that if you calculate interest on the increased frequency of payments.

There is also the real possibility that you could be in Antarctica thousands of miles from a network connection, your subscription could run out and you'd be locked out.

I think the only feature specific to CS6 I use occasionally is 32-bit HDR via Lightroom. Improved masking and merge to HDR & panorama from about CS4 are also useful, otherwise I just use the functionality that's been there for many years. And in any case, I'm using Lightroom 80% of the time.
Murray Foote

Postby chrisk on Wed May 08, 2013 10:47 pm

this is the bit that made me laugh ironically from an interview with adobe's VP...
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/05/08 ... otoshop-cc

What happens to Photoshop CC and my files if I cancel my subscription?

We do not delete any files or software from your computer. You will not be able to use the software but the files you've created and saved on your hard drive are left intact. And you don't need a valid license or Internet connection to uninstall the software.

ohhhht the GENEROSITY !!! why THANK YOU my lord !! :biglaugh:

assholes. I hope it's ditched EN MASSE and they lose millions.
EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75 l AW1 l V3
chrisk

Return to Post Processing