Adobe CS6 Beta

Tutorials, questions, demos, questionable images ,,,

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Adobe CS6 Beta

Postby Matt. K on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Adobe CS6 Beta is about to be released....bloody hell, I can't wait to dig another $1200 bucks out of my pocket to get the latest and the greatest. I could do all the processing I need in Photoshop 7....what's with this mob? The camera makers are pandering to the hardware junkies and Adobe are pandering to the software junkies.

Now.....to see what's new in CS6...hmmmm, more video capabilites....just what I don't need, extra blur filters.....zzzz......zzzzzzzz......zzzzzzzz
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Adobe CS6 Beta

Postby Wink on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:51 pm

Skin tone selection, wide angle correction and the new crop tool are pretty cool features.

I installed it to play with for a little bit and then removed it as I couldn't be bothered adding my brushes and actions for the beta.
My first impressions of the UI were that it all seemed a little less clear. The tool buttons and other items are all smaller. Maybe that can be adjusted in the preferences.
Adam.
MY PHOTOS
Allows Image Editing
Wink

Re: Adobe CS6 Beta

Postby sirhc55 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:43 pm

I have been using a beta version for the past 6 months on evaluation. Couple hundred bucks OK, anymore just use 5.5.
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby Reschsmooth on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:51 am

Matt. K wrote:Adobe CS6 Beta is about to be released....bloody hell, I can't wait to dig another $1200 bucks out of my pocket to get the latest and the greatest. I could do all the processing I need in Photoshop 7....what's with this mob? The camera makers are pandering to the hardware junkies and Adobe are pandering to the software junkies.

Now.....to see what's new in CS6...hmmmm, more video capabilites....just what I don't need, extra blur filters.....zzzz......zzzzzzzz......zzzzzzzz

This sounds like rear parking assistance to me! :D
Regards, Patrick

Two or three lights, any lens on a light-tight box are sufficient for the realisation of the most convincing image. Man Ray 1935.
Our mug is smug
Reschsmooth

Postby surenj on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:05 pm

Content aware MOVE!! Awesome.
surenj

Postby Murray Foote on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:07 pm

At this stage the only significant changes for me are the claims for improved performance and the content aware tweaks. Hardly enough to justify an upgrade. And a redesigned interface might be as much hazard as enhancement (as with MS Office). Still, you'd have to play with it to see. Sometimes a lot of minor improvements can be more significant than they sound.

If they're going to halve the price (as with Lightroom) it wouldn't be so bad but I suspect not because they have a big corporate market. And there still remains the possibility that they could go back to insisting upgrades only from the previous version with CS7. In that case there could be a lot of people starting to look at alternatives to Photoshop.
Murray Foote

Postby gstark on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:08 pm

surenj wrote:Content aware MOVE!! Awesome.

I was wondering how long it would take someone to notice that. Leigh and I were discussing that last night, and how you could really mess with people's minds with it.

:rotfl2:
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Post Processing