Lightroom 3 Beta 2

Tutorials, questions, demos, questionable images ,,,

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Lightroom 3 Beta 2

Postby stubbsy on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:20 am

You'll probably know there is a new version of Photoshop about to be launched, but also in the pipeline is version3 of Lightroom. As is the case with many other photographers, Lightroom is the centrepiece of my workflow so I've recently been having a play with LR 3 beta 2 (out since mid March) and it's looking good. If you want to have a play with it (remember it's beta so can have bugs) then all details, including a download (no licence required) is available HERE
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Re: Lightroom 3 Beta 2

Postby Mr Darcy on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:57 am

Thanks for that Peter, though I have just bought Aperture 3 & that's blown my photography budget for this year.
Still, I'll have a look. I may change
Greg
It's easy to be good... when there is nothing else to do
Mr Darcy

Re: Lightroom 3 Beta 2

Postby Murray Foote on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:46 pm

Well, you've got until the end of June before you have to pay.

I had been hoping the final release would happen in April (expiry date for LR3b1) so I could consolidate my LR2 and LR3beta files. As it is, I'm finding the most compelling enhancement over LR2 for me is custom sizing for printing. It doesn't have soft proofing so I round trip to Photoshop for that first. Then I'm sometimes porting files from LR2.6 to LR3beta for final test prints for ease of getting a number of images on a sheet of A4.

Regards,
Murray
Murray Foote

Return to Post Processing