Help with Nef files

Tutorials, questions, demos, questionable images ,,,

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Help with Nef files

Postby inmotion on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:42 pm

HI , Did a shoot today D3s in raw
downloaded with Lightroom 2.2 and CaptureNX2(tried two options)I cannt read the files in NX2 or Lightroom??
I have copied them in camera to another card (B) in case the card ( A ) is dodgy,I have downloaded direct from the camera incase the card reader is dodgy.I can preview them in camera?? Any clues please--Jim
inmotion

Re: Help with Nef files

Postby tommyg on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:08 pm

I believe in relation to Lightroom you need to update to at least version 2.5 (latest version is 2.6) - it's a free upgrade.

Not sure in relation to NX2, but I think it was added to it around version 2.2 (latest 2.2.4)

Also, if you are using Adobe products you need to upgrade Camera Raw to version 5.6 (from memory)

That's probably the cause
Cheers
Tom
Tom
Red Bubble
TLC Photography
Nikon D810, D700, D90 (IR)
tommyg

Postby inmotion on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:12 pm

Thanks Tommy will follow up tomorrow--NX2 is a brand new legit copy but I will check the version--jim
inmotion

Postby Mr Darcy on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:18 pm

Make sure your NX2 and Lightroom are up to date. I don't use LR, but I know my copy of NX2 had an update to handle D3s NEFs. I suspect there is an addin for LR as well. I know there is for PS.

EDIT: Been overtaken by others. A brand new Out of the box version of ANY software is almost certainly out of date. Most Software these days do an update over the web almost immediately
Greg
It's easy to be good... when there is nothing else to do
Mr Darcy

Return to Post Processing