Nik Software: Viveza

Tutorials, questions, demos, questionable images ,,,

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Nik Software: Viveza

Postby the foto fanatic on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:10 am

I just read on Moose Peterson's blog that Nik Software has announced a new photo editing product that, they say, will be the most powerful editing software available when it is released in a couple of months.

Evidently it is a Photoshop plug-in not a stand alone program. It seems to be an enhancement of Nik Capture NX, but as I have never used that program, I'm not sure how much better it is.

Here is the link to the Viveza page at Nik.
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Re: Nik Software: Viveza

Postby sirhc55 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:20 pm

Very interesting, thanks :)
Chris
--------------------------------
I started my life with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left
sirhc55
Key Member

Postby Greg B on Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:34 pm

Looks pretty good!
Greg - - - - D200 etc

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
- Arthur Schopenhauer
Greg B

Postby teirnav on Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:38 pm

Nikon Capture NX 2.0 is apparently being released tomorrow, according to the guy giving the Capture NX tutorial on the Nikon stand at PMA 2008 in Brisbane last weekend. Lots of great improvements, apparently, he said. I wonder if this is what Moose was referring to?
teirnav

Postby Glen on Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:00 pm

Thanks for the info and welcome Teirnav
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby the foto fanatic on Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:02 pm

Although made by the same people, it is different software.

I don't use Nikon Capture because I've never liked the interface, although many do use and like it.

I have Viveza, which is a Photoshop Plugin made by Nik Software, and I don't know how I existed without it.
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Postby gstark on Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:31 pm

teirnav wrote:Nikon Capture NX 2.0 is apparently being released tomorrow, according to the guy giving the Capture NX tutorial on the Nikon stand at PMA 2008 in Brisbane last weekend. Lots of great improvements, apparently, he said. I wonder if this is what Moose was referring to?

Yes, this is the second time that you've mentioned this, even though (1) it has already been mentioned in an earlier thread today, and (2) Capture NX is not the same software as the Viveza software that is to the topic of this thread.

Welcome. Please take a few moments to read our FAQ, I suspect that there are several points in there that you may find informative.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Wocka on Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:24 pm

I have been using Viveza for a few weeks now and it's amazing piece of software. What would take me hours of masking in CS3 takes minutes now.

Cheers
Warwick
=======
Canon 40D : 350D
Canon 18-55mm : Canon 75-300mm IS USM : Sigma 30mm EX HSM DC 1.4 : Sigma 10-20mm
Wocka

Postby carla_d on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:57 pm

cricketfan wrote:I don't use Nikon Capture because I've never liked the interface, although many do use and like it.

i hate the interface too but after trying the Viveza Aperture plug in preferred having all my adjustments in the one file. Aperture saves any plug-in adjustments as separate Tiffs (Not sure what photoshop does, possibly something similar...)

But if I didn't use Capture I'd definitely want the Viveza plug-in. Colour control points are incredibly useful.
carla_d

Postby bwhatnall on Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:20 pm

Doesnt that just do the same thing as a selected color channel in hue/saturation in photoshop?
Lots of goodies really, lets just say my lenses stretch from 10mm to 500mm with plenty of light at 5fps ;)

My Portfolio - http://www.brookewhatnall.com
bwhatnall

Return to Post Processing